Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
actionable e-mail
msrich
Does 'actionable e-mail' ring a bell? Is this a new TS 5.5.2 feature?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I assume this refers to the Casual Contributor Interface (CCI) URLs that you can place in email (or on web pages like portals and such) that provide and interface to specific functions within TeamSite.
As I recall, 5.0.1 introduced this feature, 5.5.2 had some modifications to the list of supported URLs, and 6.0 will increase the number of supported URLs from the (I believe) 10 to something like 54.
There's a section in the TeamSite Administrator's Guide entitled "The Casual Contributor Interface: Adding Editing and Task Links to Web Pages" which covers these - and I believe there are some KB articles that show the changes that were made between the initial release and the 5.5.2 versions.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
rollo
~54 CCI urls! Great stuff. CCIs are very handy cos they open up the process to casual (duh) users who don't use the UI often enough to become proficient with it. And to be honest they're often quicker than using the interface even for advanced users.
10 is exactly right for 5.5.2 btw (up from 5 in 5.0). Although taketask doesn't really work
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/048945
Phil
msrich
Thanks for the information. I set up a file assoc. in LaunchPad to bring up Notepad for txt files.
When I put the "edit a file" URL in my IE browser, I'm challenged to logon to TeamSite (if I'm not currently logged in) -- that's fine; then I'm prompted about LaunchPad download (as if LP is to be newly installed on my machine); then I get two windows: the text file in Notepad and the text file in a browser.
All this would be OK, except I don't have a LaunchPad window up after all this, and I don't get any sort of prompt to upload edited file back to TeamSite.
Does this correspond with your experience? Any feedback appreciated.
Adam Stoller
Please provide more environment / contextual information.
Version of TeamSite (including patches, service packs)
TeamSite server platform (OS version, patches, service packs)
Client platform (OS version, patches, services packs)
Browser (version, patches, service packs, JVM, etc)
Are you using the LaunchPad application or the LauncPad applet? (perhaps attach a copy of your iw.cfg?)
--fish
(Interwoven 5.5.2 Certified, Senior Technical Consultant)
platform_v4.dua
platform_v5.dua
mfritsky
We're interested in rolling out the CCI to more users, especially as we upgrade to TS 6.0. You mentioned that there will be 54 different URL's available in 6.0. However the CCI section in the 6.0 admin guide is identical to the one in the 5.5 guide, listing only 9 options. Are these new URL's documented somewhere else, or are they not yet available?
Migrateduser
They will be documented in the UI Customization Guide which is slated to be made available Nov. 3, 2003. Additionally, you may want to attend our UI Customization Web Based Training course which will be made available in the next few days.
Sorry for any inconvenience,
David Yun
Product Manager, Client Tools
dyun@interwoven.com
mfritsky
Thanks! I'll keep my eye out for the updated documents.