Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
how to get the Value of a Cell in the report
haglo
<p>I want to get the value of the cell with ID 156.</p>
<p>Something like this</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
String test = designHandle.getElementByID(156).getValue();
</pre>
<p>But there is no method getValue();</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Could you provide some more details on the value you are trying to obtain and how you want to use it?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Are you trying to get the value of a detail row cell in a table, the column header or something else?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The more detail you can provide the better as we may be able to find a different way to do what you are trying to accomplish.</p>
haglo
<p>Under Body I have a Grid</p>
<p>In this Grid I have 1 Row.</p>
<p>This Row has 4 Cells.</p>
<p>first Cell has label</p>
<p>next Cell has Data (this I want)</p>
<p>next Cell has label</p>
<p>next Cell has Data</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want now get the Value of the cell with the Data</p>
<p>Here in this cell is from the "Example Database of Birt" from the table "CUSOTMERS" the value of CUSTOMERNUMBER</p>
<p>=> Data(CUSTOMERNUMBER)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In the "PropertyEditor - Data" I figured out the following values of this cell:<br>
The ElementID of this cell is 156</p>
<p>The name of this cell is CellCustomerNumber<br><br>
My Demo-Job is, that i want to print for every Customer in the "Example Database of Birt" a report, selected by a special range of CUSTOMERNUMBER, here in the example for CUSTOMERNUMBER from 100 to 110.</p>
<p>In the moment i get 10 reports, but only the report with CUSTOMERNUMBER=103 has values.</p>
<p>The other reports have no values. I want now, that the reports with no values are not created.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Note: I want to make all with java.<br>
</p>