Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to reduce the size of rptdocument
grather
<p>I have a report.</p>
<p>One table , one details row.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But each detail row hold the information for one recodr.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Each row is a page in a PDF.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But my rptdocument is huge.</p>
<p>For 1000 records I get 1.7 G</p>
<p>For 3000 records I get 12+G</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And when all said and done the out put of the complete PDF with all pages is about 300 Meg.</p>
<p>Why such a large disparity from rptdocument to final pdf in size.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Why such a non linear rptdocument size.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would like to use the rptdocument but just using RunAndRender the time is significant faster.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So I am asking what drives the shear size and how to reduce the rptdocument size.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Gary</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
grather
<p>More details</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For 1100 records rptdocument size = 1,737,312 KB 1579 KB / reocrd</p>
<p> 850 records 1,012,625 KB 1191 KB / record</p>
<p> 350 189,114 KB 54KB / record</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What could possibly be the difference</p>
JFreeman
<p>Can you attach a sample report that demonstrates this size behavior?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You might also take a look a this thread on rptdocument size: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/429501/'>https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/429501/</a></p>
;
grather
<p>Here is the design file that is causing me problems</p>
<p> </p>
JFreeman
<p>The first thing I would recommend is removing those embedded images and externalizing them. Then retest the output size of the rptdocument.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Look further at the report design, there are a couple more things that very well may be the cause of this size gain.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You have two text elements inside you table that are both bound to the data set. One is "We look forward..." and the other is "If you have any...".</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Having these elements bound to the full data set nested inside the table that is also bound to the full data set is likely the cause of this size gain issue. Try removing the data bindings from these text elements and retest the output size of the rptdocument.</p>