Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Can DD filter files with specific EAs?
ScottB
Can DD 5.6.0 filter files containing a specific Extended Attribute? For example, I'd like DD to deploy an entire workarea except files with the EA "foo" set to "bar". Is that possible?
-Scott
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Check out the new DD manual -> Filters and Substitutions section
ScottB
I consulted the manual before posting. I was unclear as to the syntax of the filter element -- or even if i should be using filter. Can anyone provide an example that demonstrates how to filter files with a specific EA. For example "TeamSite/Metadata/Title". I would like to deploy only files that have that EA populated.
marcussteiner
This is my tsxml config file:
<data-deploy-configuration>
<!-- Define global filter to discard all tuples for the metadata files -->
<filter name="ExcludeMetaFiles">
<discard>
<field name="path" match="(w*)\.meta"/>
</discard>
</filter>
<!-- Define global filter to discard all tuples for the metadata files -->
<substitution name="GlobalSubstitution">
<field name="Client/Metadaten/URL" match="(.*)" replace="/content$1" />
</substitution>
<client>
<deployment name="portal">
<source>
<teamsite-extended-attributes
options = "wide,full"
area = "area">
<path filelist="filelist" />
</teamsite-extended-attributes>
</source>
<filter use="ExcludeMetaFiles" /> <!-- DOES NOT WORK -->
<destinations>
<xml-formatted-data file="c:\dumpfile.dump" />
</destinations>
</deployment>
<deployment name="multi" options="transactional" >
<!-- use Globas filter here and only here -->
<exec-deployment use="portal" />
<filter use="ExcludeMetaFiles" /> <!-- WORKS HERE -->
<substitution use="GlobalSubstitution" /> <!-- WORKS HERE -->
</deployment>
</client>
</data-deploy-configuration>
I first define a filter and a substitition and call them later. Please note the remarks about the filters wheter they work in the config file.
Not quite what you asked for but it might help you
hollis