Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Linux install of iHub F-type fails
oeddinns
<p>The installation runs through as does startiHub.sh. However, the ihubservletcontainer crashes when it tries to start it. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>The error I am getting in the ihubd.pid.server.log file in the .../modules/BIRTiHub/iHub/data/server/log directory shows errors for failure to find an activation file and not being able to get a process affinity mask.</p>
<p> </p>
<div>****3062458064*adminlicense.cpp*01413*08000*2015MAR06*07:50:42</div>
<div> Failed to find activation file.</div>
<div>****3062458064*pmdfacade.cpp*02562*08000*2015MAR06*07:50:42</div>
<div> Activation code checking not passed, cannot start any service...</div>
<div>****3062458064*pmdfacade.cpp*02562*08000*2015MAR06*07:50:42</div>
<div> PMD Startup Completed.</div>
<div>****3062458064*pmdfacade.cpp*02562*08000*2015MAR06*07:50:42</div>
<div> Blocked for receiving messages.</div>
<div>****3013606256*pmdfacade.cpp*02562*08000*2015MAR06*07:50:52</div>
<div> </div>
<div> Cannot Get Process Affinity mask...</div>
<div>****3013606256*pmdfacade.cpp*02562*08000*2015MAR06*07:50:52</div>
<div> </div>
<div> Process Affinity violation detected on ihubservletcontainer</div>
<div>****3013606256*pmdfacade.cpp*02562*08000*2015MAR06*07:51:02</div>
<div> The Following Process recorded as crashed: ihubservletcontainer</div>
<div>****3013606256*csmgr.cpp*00229*08000*2015MAR06*07:51:02</div>
<div> AcRunningProcess::Dump</div>
<div> Server Name : ihubservletcontainer</div>
<div> Server Pid : 2417</div>
<div> State Desc :</div>
<div> Error Code : 0</div>
<div> proc State : 1</div>
<div> Restart Cnt : 0</div>
<div> IsMain Proc : 0</div>
<div> Soap Port : 0</div>
<div> Soap IP addr :</div>
<div>****3013606256*pmdfacade.cpp*02562*08000*2015MAR06*07:51:02</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The flavor of Linux we are running is CentOS 6.6. I have attached the complete log files.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Any help you can give would be much appreciated.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Regards,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Owen</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>The failure to find the activation file is to be expected if you have not yet activated the product.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regarding the affinity mask error, is your OS installed in a virtual machine?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>CentOS 6.6 is not officially supported for this release of BIRT iHub F-Type. Instead you should use either of the supported versions of CentOS (6.5 or 7.0).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Another note, from the log file, it appears your machine is configured with only 1GB of RAM. The minimum requirement is 8GB of RAM. I've seen it run with less, but it is not recommended. Anything below 4GB will definitely start to have issues. </p>
oeddinns
<p>Hi Jesse,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you for the quick response.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So the missing <span>activation file error happens because I have not gotten to the point where I can register the activation code. But it's not fatal to starting up </span><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">ihubservletcontainer, which I believe is required for registration.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">As for your question about VPS, yes, we are running on a virtual instance of linux. Would this cause </span><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">ihubservletcontainer to crash or are there any other known problems with running ihub on a virtual server?</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">In terms of the low RAM, I had another earlier issue with the shmmax kernel parameter being configured too low. The error I was getting had to do with postgresql needing at least 290M. I bumped it up to 300M and postgresql seemed to start okay.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Bottom line seems to be we need at least 4G of RAM and either 6.5 or 7 of CentOS.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Thanks again for your quick response,</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Owen</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
JFreeman
<p>Correct, the missing activation file is not fatal to the ihubservletcontainer as the ihubservletcontainer is the front end tomcat you will access to initially generate the activation.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I ask about the a virtual instance due to the processor affinity mask error. This could be caused due to the virtual instances CPU configuration and how it is interpreted.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would say to try again on a 6.5 or 7.0 installation with at least 4GB of RAM (8GB would be preferred) and let us know if you have additional issues with that configuration.</p>