Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Unable to start Birt Designer Pro on Mac
vraaijmakers
<p>Today I had to reinstall BRDPro on my Mac. Each time when I launch a popup tells me this:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>“Eclipse†is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Downloaded 3 times, same result. I had no issues before. What am I missing?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Have you verified the checksum after downloading?</p>
<p>It may be an issue with becoming corrupted during download.</p>
vraaijmakers
<p>Thanks for the response Jesse!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It turned out that unpacking the tar file using the default Archive Utility on Mac OS 10.10 is causing the issue.</p>
<p>Normally I always use that tool, but for some reason with the new download of BD Pro 4.4 the unpacking goes wrong.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I used Stuffit Expander and now everything is fine. Probably something to mention somewhere to avoid headaches for other Mac users. </p>
JFreeman
<p>Thank you for the details on resolving the issue.</p>
<p>I am glad to hear you got it working.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will see what can be done about this issue.</p>