Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
SubDataSet not displaying data
onthegomiller
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm having trouble displaying data from a sub-dataset that I created in a report that I inherited. The report doesn't error out or anything. It just doesn't display the data when I create a table, bind the table to the new dataset and display the data to the report. Nothing displays at all.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm sure it's something simple I've missed but I just can't figure it out.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've attached the report. It's the HistSubDataSet that I added. There is a table at the bottom of the report with a header that reads "Transaction History". It is there that I'm trying to display the data from the new dataset. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you!</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Does the rest of the report display properly other than the table you added?</p>
<p>If you preview the data set you added does it return data?</p>
onthegomiller
<p>Yes, the rest of the report display properly (there are two additional datasets that display as they should). Preview doesn't work well in the environment I'm working in (these are reports that are imported into IBM Maximo so I've never been able to successfully preview within BIRT).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This was a new dataset that I added. The other two datasets already existed in the report. So, maybe I forgot some piece that I need to do? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any ideas?</p>
JFreeman
<p>I believe the issue is going to be that your data set does not have any data.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Looking at the Data Set you added, I believe the issue is going to be with the scripting you have in the Fetch of the data set. In the Open of the data set you open the data set as "PRHistDataSet" but then in fetch you are trying to access the data set using "PRlongDescDataSet".</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Try modifying the Fetch to align with your Open.</p>
onthegomiller
<p>Made the change and still no data is displayed. That was a copy and paste error on my part...but it didn't resolve the problem unfortunately. Any other ideas?</p>
JFreeman
<p>Unfortunately, I've not been able to use a Maximo based installation extensively so there may be some factors here that I am not aware of. However, based on looking at the report design, the table appears to just be a basic table bound to the data set so I still believe the issue is going to have to do with the data set returning empty.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I see one more issue in the Fetch of the new data set. The if statement at the start is checking against the wrong data set (subDataSet instead of <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">PRHistDataSet)</span> which means the if statement will never be true. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Otherwise, I would add some logging into the script populating the data set to try and debug it to very it is generating with data properly.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can also replace one of the data elements in your tables detail row with a basic text box just to verify the table is generating properly. This will help confirm the table is generating properly and that the issue does appear to be related to the data in the data set. </p>
onthegomiller
<p>Thanks, JFreeman. I modified the additional copy and paste error but that didn't fix the problem either. I placed a textbox into the table to ensure that it was displaying and it is definitely displaying that ok, so it must be in the data w/in the dataset. But when I copy and paste the query into TOAD it returns data. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, thanks for your time. If you can possibly think of something else that I may have forgotten, please let me know.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have another report that is acting similarly. It returns the total number or rows to the report at the bottom (so the query is working) but the rows that display to the report are empty.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm sure this is a recurring theme, I just can't figure out what it is.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks again...if you have any additional thoughts, please do share.</p>
JFreeman
<p>One more thing that I see in the Fetch of you new dataset is the names used for the rows you are pushing the data into do not completely align with the actual row names in the data set.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For example, you have "row["histSiteid"]" but the row name in the data set is "histsiteid" without any capitals.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It also appears some of the names you are using in the .getString() calls do not align with the names used in your query built in Open.</p>
<p>For Example, you are calling .getString("histprnum") whereas your query is "PRNum as histPRNum".</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could you go through and make sure both the rows and the getString calls are all aligned properly including matching case?</p>