Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Internationalization of Parameter window contents
sibeee
<p>Hi</p>
<p> I am working on internationalizing Birt Reports in our application. I am able to attach properties file from the designer and get the contents displayed while testing. In the parameter window also I managed to localize the prompt for the parameters. But when i switch the language to fi_FI, the content in the parameter window appears from the default english properties file which I have attached and not from the fi_FI file. But as I enter value for the parameters and submit, the report headers, columns which I have localized will fetch data from fi_FI properties file. How can I manage to get fi_FI properties in the parameter window as well. Please advise.</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Is this only fi_FI not working? I have it working for many languages. What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
Matthew L.
<p>Which version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>This seems to work for me in OS BIRT 2.6.2 (See screenshots).</p>
<p>Or are you referring to the line "Parameters marked with <span style="color:#ff0000;">*</span> are required"?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<div> </div>
sibeee
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="134392" data-time="1426080241">
<div>
<p>Is this only fi_FI not working? I have it working for many languages. What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Matthew L." data-cid="134393" data-time="1426080662">
<div>
<p>Which version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>This seems to work for me in OS BIRT 2.6.2 (See screenshots).</p>
<p>Or are you referring to the line "Parameters marked with <span style="color:#ff0000;">*</span> are required"?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Hi</p>
<p> Thank you for your response. Currently I am trying to do the implementation only for fi_FI in my local environment. I am using version 2.2.1 as we have an old project. I have attached the properties file values to the parameter prompts. I am trying to launch that from 'View Report' option in the eclipse as HTML. Then I get the URL from the launched window and paste that in browser replacing en_US locale with fi_FI locale. The parameter window appears with en_US file prompts only. But once I enter values and submit the headers and other info I have internationalized will appear as in fi_FI file. I am attaching the files I am using.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am also looking to internationalize the "Parameters marked with <span style="color:#ff0000;">*</span> are required" . But I dont have an idea on this. Please help</p>
micajblock
<p>Your design works as is in more current versions. It might be a bug in 2.2.1. You do realize that 2.2.1 is from October 2007!!!</p>