Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dataset script not working in a DataCube
leonidaswilliams
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a Dataset with Computed columns and in the beforeOpen and in onFectch events I calculate these two columns for every column.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If I open the dataset and I go to Preview Results I see the correct values, but if I use this Dataset in a DataCube it is not working.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It seems like the script in Dataset is not working when is called in a Datacube.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please, can anyone help me?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Which version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Can you provide a sample report based on classic models or a flat file data source that we can run to replicate this issue?</p>
leonidaswilliams
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sorry for the delay. Here are the files.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8230yljgkukxjhl/informeleonidas.zip?dl=0'>https://www.dropbox.com/s/8230yljgkukxjhl/informeleonidas.zip?dl=0</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Thx in advance</p>
leonidaswilliams
<p>Sorry, I forgot the explanation.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you see in the dataset you will see Computed Columns where I generate the AccPlan value.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I enclose this Dataset in the datacube and I placed it in the Crosstab. But when I run the report I don't see the correct value of the column.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can someone help me?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>
JFreeman
<p>The reason the calculated values are not displaying in the report output is because row values cannot be modified from within the onFetch of the data set. They can only be set in Fetch which is part of a Scripted Data Set versus a flat file data set like you have configured.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can see it is related to the data set versus the cube by adding a table based on the data set and not the cube. This table will also not display your calculated values.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Instead, I have moved your code from onFetch into a new computed column and it is now working properly.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Take a look at the attached modified version of your report design for reference.</p>
leonidaswilliams
<p>It works perfect!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you very much</p>
JFreeman
<p>You're welcome.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Let us know if you have any additional questions.</p>