Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Don't know how to display data as in draft
Omnycron
<p>Hey guys! Currently i am struggling to display data is in the draft which i created in Word. I am working with Birt Designer v4.4.2.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a Dataset with a flat list of dates(classes of one course at an university). Those have to be displayed as seen in the attached file:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>- dates of one calendar week grouped in a row</p>
<p>- details of the date (e.g. room, time when class starts) in the cell</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How can i display those dates in Birt?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Use inline (exmple here -<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/1098-simple-printed-label-report/).'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/1098-simple-printed-label-report/).</a>If
you have sample data, I can build a quick example. </p>
Omnycron
<p>Thank you very much, using your example i was nearly able to finish the report. But i still haven't understood what setting makes the data in the list displayed to the right, so that Tuesday appears next to Monday etc. Can u tell me? (For this report i copied your example
)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This question is relevant to the next step in my report. It can happen, that there are multiple Events (lectures) on one day. I have to display all events of one day in the same cell. How can i make this work?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My first idea was a grouping - but then (see question at top) data for each weekday was displayed one below the other and not monday next to tuesday etc. Can you help me here again?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>tldr: I need to adapt my current report (see attachements) so that multiple lectures of one day get displayed in one cell in my report</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Attached Files:</p>
<p>currentReport.pdf = How report looks when i run it with my database</p>
<p>ModulplanHochformat.rptdesign = Reportdesign of currentReport.pdf (up to date)</p>
<p>sampledata.csv = sample data for lectures</p>
micajblock
<p>I apologize but my German is limited to 'zwei Bier , bitte'. Can you please show what is the required format? Word, PPT, image, will all work.</p>
Omnycron
<p>Yeah, sorry for that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I added a .docx file explaining what is required.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Actually the look and everything for the report is ok at the moment. The only problem is, to display multiple lectures of one day in one cell. I know i have to use a grouping, but dont know how to.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Edit: the only thing where i need help atm is the table with lectures (Monday/Tuesday/etc.) ignore that german stuff
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Edit2: If you are going to wirk with my .rptdesgin file. I want the grouping on the day, so it will have to be grouped on data set row "Datum" (= date).</p>
micajblock
<p>A little bit more complicated than I thought. Attached is a solution that works. There might be better ones. I had to modify your CSV so it is a CSV and not separated by ';'. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>The solution is to create a week number computed column then create a table grouped on that column. with only a group header. In the detail have a grid with 5 columns. In each cell put a table. Each table is filtered based on the outer week number and the day of the week.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this all makes sense.</p>
Omnycron
<p>Thank you very much, I tried for hours but wasn't even close to your solution!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Bad thing: Requirements changed. I also need this report in landscape view, can you help me here again? (see attached file)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also: Now it is possible that there are lectures on saturdays. As this doesn't happen often I want to hide the entire saturday column if there aren't any lectures. How can i do that?</p>
micajblock
<p>Sorry, it took me a while. Been busy. If you are using a relational database this is easier. The idea is to have 2 data sets. One which I will use to build a cube to create a crosstab. The other I will use to nest a table in the crosstab. In your case:</p>
<ol><li>Create a data set that will be a select distinct on the Lecture Date.</li>
<li>Create computed columns for week number, day number, day name (as in the attached example)</li>
<li>Create a second data set that will have lecture date, start time, end time, lecture name.</li>
<li>Add a where clause - where lecture date=? (you will get a warning which you can ignore)</li>
<li>Create a cube where 1 dimension is the week number, the other dimension is the day number with a display field of display name.</li>
<li>Create a measure from Lecture Date with an aggregation of First.</li>
<li>Create a crosstab with the columns of week number, and the rows of day number, the cell should be the measure order date.</li>
<li>Delete the data item of the measure and then RMB to insert a table (for some reason dragging a table does not work. Make sure it is bound to the secod table. Format it to your liking</li>
<li>Edit the 'Data Set Parameter Binding' in the binding tab property of the table and bind the data set parameter to the measure.</li>
</ol><p> </p>
<p>I hope you can get all you need from this explanation and the example.</p>
Omnycron
<p>Thank you for your help again!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This time I got an error using your explanation:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Everything worked fine untill step 8 & 9. As you can see in file2.pdf the crosstable works with WeekNumber as columns and WeekDay as rows and the measure as data. But If i add the table is described in your steps it won't work. I dont get any data displayed. The data set rows seem to be empty (table header is displayed correctly)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My assumption is, that there seems to be a problem with the sql statement for my dataset Data Set For Table. In addition to the warning of step 4 I also get an unexpected Exception (see excpection.txt)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This is the SQL-Statement of my data set</p>
<p> </p>
<div>select t.Datum as LectureDate, t.StartUhrzeit as StartTime, t.EndUhrzeit as EndTime, t.Klausur as IsTest</div>
<div>from vvs.termin t</div>
<div>where t.LectureDate = ?</div>
<div> join (select * from vvs.vorlesung v where v.Semester = ?) as tmp1</div>
<div> on t.Vorlesung = tmp1.ID</div>
<div> join (select * from vvs.kurs k where k.ID = ?) as tmp2</div>
<div> on tmp2.ID = tmp1.Kurs</div>
<div> </div>
<div>This statement succesfully previews data as long as the entire line 3 "where t.LectureDate = ?" is deleted.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I added the rptdesign file as attachement if the source of the error might be somewhere else. I think i translated everything relevant in english. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Also: Does this support 2 Lectures in one cell as in the other report?</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
micajblock
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Omnycron" data-cid="135235" data-time="1428440693">
<div>
<p><span style="font-size:12px;">select t.Datum as LectureDate, t.StartUhrzeit as StartTime, t.EndUhrzeit as EndTime, t.Klausur as IsTest</span></p>
<div>from vvs.termin t</div>
<div>where t.LectureDate = ?</div>
<div> join (select * from vvs.vorlesung v where v.Semester = ?) as tmp1</div>
<div> on t.Vorlesung = tmp1.ID</div>
<div> join (select * from vvs.kurs k where k.ID = ?) as tmp2</div>
<div> on tmp2.ID = tmp1.Kurs</div>
<div> </div>
<div>This statement succesfully previews data as long as the entire line 3 "where t.LectureDate = ?" is deleted.</div>
<div> </div>
<p> </p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>The where clause needs to be after all the joins. Also I do not think you need any of the joins as you are filtering on the lecture date anyway.</p>
Omnycron
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="135237" data-time="1428441647">
<div>
<p>The where clause needs to be after all the joins. Also I do not think you need any of the joins as you are filtering on the lecture date anyway.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Positioning the where clase after all the joins had no impact. I stell get the exception and there is no data displayed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The joins are neccesarry because there are multiple courses in my database. It can happen that course A has a lectuare at 07.04.2015 9:00am and course B has a lecture at the same time. So I cant just filter on date.</p>
micajblock
<p>My bad, it needs to be </p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
where t.Datum = ?</pre>
Omnycron
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="135239" data-time="1428443484">
<div>
<p> </p>
<p>My bad, it needs to be </p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
where t.Datum = ?</pre>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>I am feeling pretty dumb right now..</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks again!</p>
Omnycron
<p>I got one more (hopefully the last) question to those 2 reports. In need to display the date of the day in both reports. The problem is that there isn't a lecture each day. How can i realize this? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>(See empty cells in attached report)</p>
micajblock
<p>If there is not lecture that day then the inner table should be empty. I am not sure what the problem is. </p>
Omnycron
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="135389" data-time="1428693769">
<div>
<p>If there is not lecture that day then the inner table should be empty. I am not sure what the problem is. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Yeah exactly. The requirement is to display the date anyways. I always have to display a date, even if there is no lecture.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I also got a new issue: it can happen, that the time period is over to years (2014/10/30 - 2015/02/23). Then the grouping for calendar week in my crosstable won't work correct. </p>
micajblock
<p>In the cell you can put both the date from the cube and the inner table.</p>