Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Replicating Excel dashboard
padytom
<p>Trying to replicate this dashboard in excel using designer pro. my problem is how to compute the %change which is the ((Dec-14-Nov-14)/Dec-14)*100</p>
<p>The data has month for years 2013 and 2014 but comparing only months Dec and Nov in 14</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>It looks like you already have an aggregates for current month and last month. Why not use those? </p>
padytom
<p>Yes that is true but with my data source as excel, I'm unable to use parameter to set current month and last month. any suggestion as to how to do it?</p>
micajblock
<p>I am confused. Can you share sample data?</p>
padytom
<p>find attached</p>
padytom
<p>First attachment is how dashboard should look</p>
micajblock
<p>So the data source is an excel file, right? Will current month always we the last row? How is the Excel file generated? Can you post the actual Excel file?</p>
padytom
<p>This is it</p>
micajblock
<p>nothing attached. Also please answer the other questions.</p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Will current month always we the last row? </span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">How is the Excel file generated? </span></p>
padytom
<p>Yes current month will use last row.</p>
<p>This is the end result I'm trying to achieve.</p>
micajblock
<p>Please also answer these questions?</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Will current month always we the last row?</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">How is the Excel file generated? </p>
padytom
<p>Current month will not always be last row</p>
<p>Excel file is generated by adding values to the template table</p>
micajblock
<p>Attached is an example that shows the calculations you need. I created a computed field on the data set top convert your string date to a real date. The rest of the calculations are on the table and are self explanatory. </p>
micajblock
<p>Attached is an example that shows the calculations you need. I created a computed field on the data set top convert your string date to a real date. The rest of the calculations are on the table and are self explanatory. </p>
padytom
<p>Thank you very much</p>
padytom
<p>Does Actuate have icons and sparklines like the excel have?</p>
micajblock
<p>Sparklines yes. Images, we do not provide the specific images but you can use any image you want.</p>
padytom
<p>yes thank you. yes I did use images with conditions to get the interactions but haven't been able to get the sparkline aspect. Tried using line chart but it comes in a s a straight line This is how far I've come with it</p>
micajblock
<p>What version of Actuate are you using?</p>
padytom
<p>Version 4.2.3</p>
micajblock
<p>Commercial BIRT has a sparkline. For OS BIRT you need to use a line chart and get rid of everything (borders, margins, axis, ticks.,..)</p>
padytom
<p>Thank you for your help. I've seen sparkline under gadgets.</p>