Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data not displayed completely in merged cell
birt_ag
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've merged 2 cells, but the data is getting printed only till the height of the 1st cell. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm using Birt 4.3.1</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This issue is observed only with word format, whereas in PDF format the data is displayed completely.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm attaching the generated report, xml and design file.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can anybody help me in overcoming this issue.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank You.</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Which version of Microsoft Word are you using to open the output?</p>
<p>Is this happening when you are generating the report from within the BIRT Designer?</p>
<p>Which Word emitter are you using?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I view the Word document you have attached it displays properly for me. Also, when I generated the Word output using the 4.3.1 BIRT Designer it is also displaying properly for me.</p>
birt_ag
<p>Hi JFreeMan,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm using word 2013 format. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not able to generate the report using run->word format option in BIRT designer. I get some out of memory error.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But i've deployed the BIRT using the BIRT run time engines. When i open that report i'm not able to see the complete data. Its visible only partially as shown in the snapshot.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>what u told is rite, now i verified the same report in word 2007 format, its displaying properly.. <br><br>
Is there any way to overcome this issue in word 2013 format ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank You.</p>
JFreeman
<p>You can change the maximum heap size (Xmx) for your designers eclipse.ini file to overcome the out of memory issue when generating the report in the designer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I generate the report as docx it also displays properly for me. However, I am using Microsoft Word 2010. This may have something to do with a difference in how 2013 is interpreting the output.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will see if I can find an installation of 2013 Word to test with.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What emitter are you using to generate the output?</p>
birt_ag
<p>I'm using doc emitter.. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you..</p>
JFreeman
<p>Alright, I got ahold of a machine with Word 2013 installed and I can confirm this issue is specific to Word 2013. I can replicate this issue using Word 2013 but all outputs, when opened with Word 2010, are displayed properly.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Digging a bit deeper, Word 2010 support was just added in the 4.3 release. To my knowledge support for Word 2013 has not yet been added and in the 4.3.1 release you are using I can say for certain full support for Word 2013 is not included with the out of the box emitters.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would recommend filing an enhancement request to have support for 2013 Word added to OS BIRT in a future release.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The professional version, BIRT Designer Professional, and BIRT iHub both support 2013 Word. You can investigate upgrading to the professional version and/or using the BIRT iHub F-Type.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Alternatively, you may be able to find a third party Word emitter that supports 2013.</p>
birt_ag
<p>Hi JFreeman,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you very much for the quick replies and timely help. <br>
will look into the suggestions provided by you.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank You.</p>