Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Why does inline break tables?
Katieee
<p>When designing reports in BIRT selecting elements such as tables to become inline rather than block normally works fine. However occassionally it won't move them so they are inline even when it clearly states that is the chosen state for it. <br><br>
Also, on one table I have if I change it from block to inline it breaks the table altogether, only showing the header rows and the rest is gone - can anyone explains why that happens and how to fix it?<br><br>
Tried putting the tables in a grid too - made no difference</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Do you have an example that we can run to see the issue?</p>
Katieee
<p>I can't post my original for data reasons - I have made screenshots of it (slightly edited some names in paint)but I can't reproduce the issue I've tried - I've made about 10 reports and this is the only one it's done it on and I can't figure out why. <br><br>
First image shows table when it's 'block' it sits in a grid along with all the other elements - above it is a chart (in-line) and below it is another table (wont be on same page as using page break, also in-line though)<br><br>
The second image is how it looks when I make it in-line. </p>
<p>
Even made the grid that holds all the elements in-line too - so I'm not sure why choosing in-line makes all my table disappear?</p>
micajblock
<p>Sorry without something to reproduce I do not know. </p>
Katieee
<p>I can't upload the report as you would need access to the database for any of it to work and I can't give that information out - thanks for offering to help though i appreciate that. It appears as if anything new in general I place in the report and try and make it inline with does it. I think I might just have to leave it. </p>