Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Days grouping to the given interval dates
rajkishore
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have encounter some problem on days grouping on a chart for a given interval of time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. created the line chart</p>
<p>2. created start and end date</p>
<p>3. X-axis given datatime to plot.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The issue is when i am applied grouping on "days" with "7days" Interval with start date as Jan 14'2014 and end date as 22 jan'2014. The graph is grouping only 14 to 16 and rest of them is ignored (i guess).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>is there any default behavior? that prevents the group?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now. what i am trying do is every 7days , i need to group data and label should be displayed every seven days on x-axis. is there any possible approach do let me know.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ex: it should show x-axis as 14/2014, 21/2014,28/2014....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please find the attached report to replicate this problem.Change the data source, i am attaching the xls as well to use ds</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Kishore G</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What is happening is not that is isn't grouping your values but that it is grouping them in a somewhat strange way. It is always wanting to break the grouping based around a Thursday which is why are you getting the output you have described.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you look at the value of each point on the y-axis you can see that it is actually grouping the values. I've also attached a modified version of your sample report that better demonstrates the behavior that is occurring.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>With that said, I am still trying to figure out why that is happening and a way to work around it.</p>
<p>I will follow up on this thread with anything additional that I find.</p>
rajkishore
<p>Yes, It is grouping the values but not the desired dates what i am looking. However if have any workaround or solution do let me know to meet the actual requirement. Currently i am using the ihub3 version.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>did you attached modified version?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Kishore G</p>
JFreeman
<p>Looks like I forgot to attach the modified version in my last post.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Attached it now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm still seeing what options are available for this and I will follow up with anything additional I can find.</p>
rajkishore
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is this bug? i tried couple ways but no luck. Does any one have approaches or solution.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Kishore G </p>
JFreeman
<p>It seems to me like there may be a bug here or at least the need for an enhancement to the behavior.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As I believe you do have a support contract, I would recommend working with support to get the appropriate bug/enhancement requests filed for this behavior.</p>
rajkishore
<p>Thank you, I have already raised the case to support team.</p>