Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Conditionally changing value of a TextControl object
murisf
<p>I'm working in Actuate 7 and having the hardest time displaying values based on a condition in a TextControl object. I am simply dividing two numbers and displaying the output, at times, the denominator can be 0, which in this case, I simply want to display "N/A". Been playing around with overriding some methods and looking at documentations, but no luck.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any suggestions or directions as to where I can get this resolved?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>This is e.Reports, not BIRT, right?</p>
murisf
<p>Yes, correct.</p>
micajblock
<p>Actuate 7? That has been retired at least 5 years ago. Must be using Siebel :-)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In any case do not use a text control but a number control. Also there is a function called SafeDivide you should use. Lastly override the GetText method. This is a view time method that returns the string that is displayed (with all formatting) Here you can set it to any string you want.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps.</p>
murisf
<p>Ah, thank you. Your tip has helped greatly.</p>
micajblock
<p>Your welcome. As you are running on an un-supported version I would recommend considering upgrading to a current version.</p>