Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Computed columns with parameter entry
Arnaud Genty
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Its my first post in this then Hello every body :P</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I write here because i dont understand why my solution don't work.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I try to create report with a dynamic group for table and chart</p>
<p>I have a data set with :</p>
<p>DATE_EXECUTION, VALUE, STATE</p>
<p> </p>
<p>and computed columns :</p>
<p>DAYS : Formatter.format(row[DATE_EXECUTION],"yyyy-MM-dd")</p>
<p>MONTHS : Formatter.format(row[DATE_EXECUTION],"yyyy-MM")</p>
<p>YEARS : Formatter.format(row[DATE_EXECUTION],"yyyy...")</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a param Pa_GROUP with values DAYS, MONTHS, YEARS</p>
<p>i create a new computed columns with :</p>
<p>GROUP : row[params["Pa_GROUP"].value]</p>
<p> </p>
<p>but GROUP is always empty ?? if i write row["DAYS"], its work </p>
<p>not row[params["Pa_GROUP"].value], yet params["Pa_GROUP"].value = "DAYS" :huh:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>why ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks for your help</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Welcome to BIRT Developer Center forums.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Which version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Can you attach a sample report based on classic models or a flat file we can run that demonstrates the issue?</p>
Arnaud Genty
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This is my example but my Data source is based on my db</p>
Arnaud Genty
<p>i try with output columns instead computed and its work. maybe the order of my computed columns is important :</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I try to down computed columns after and its work. My groupby is now dynamic without javascript
</p>
JFreeman
<p>Thank you for the update and details.</p>
<p>I'm glad to hear you got it working.</p>