Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Duplicate data in Subreport - JAR to fix
jballnik
<p>Hey Guys, I know with BIRT 3.7.1, if you have a report that is using a subreport, and you run that report in Eclipse, the subreport data is continues to display the same data over and over again, it will not get updated based on what is in the header. But last summer I was teaching a class and they had instructions from IBM to copy over a JAR file which IBM sent which fixes this bug. Does anyone know of this JAR file and have a copy they can send me?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks,</p>
<p>John</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I don't think I ever heard about that bug. There is a cache setting on data sets that might be set so that you're not rerunning the sub data set each time it's used with the new parameters and instead using only the cached data. Could you show me a report design that's having this issue or point me to the bug report?
wwilliams
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21605970&aid=1'>http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21605970&aid=1</a></p>
;
<p>page 12 maybe? (NOTE: If you do not perform Step 2E, you may experience unnecessary failure issues with reports using)<br>
nested data sets.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I also have someone looking for us.</p>
<p>I am still on 2.3.2, but use 3.7.1 frequently.</p>
wwilliams
<p>From an internal IBM person who never steers me wrong</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:10pt;">"I talked to two of our developers - and they believe the updated jar file for the issue was included in the release. It was not a separate jar file distributed via a iFix - it was incorporated in the 7503 release.</span><br><br><span style="font-size:10pt;">One of the developers noted that the updated jar file specifically fixed this defect: "...one record showing up for sub datasets, so if there was more than one record returned for a query, only partial data would show up and would get repeated for each page if it was a multi page detail report like WOPRINT etc"</span><br><br><span style="font-size:10pt;">If this isn't the defect/issue you are looking for - please let me know.. And again - the specific jar file is: </span><span style="font-size:7.5pt;">org.eclipse.birt.data_3.7.1.v20110905.jar"</span></p>