Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
HTML output
Katieee
<p>I know there is 3 methods when it comes to implementing BIRT <br><br>
Theres - runtime, ihub and stand alone application.<br><br>
If I wanted to have a html output which would be the best to use or would it be possible through them all?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>It should be possible through all three depending on how you use the runtime and how you build your stand alone application.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Without more details on your desired use case, it is difficult to provide more advice.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What I can say is that a solution that uses iHub will have significantly more out of the box functionality and will require less code/development cycles to start using and integrating.</p>
Katieee
<p>I see a lot of details on how to use all 3 methods for apache tomcat but not ibm i - is there a reason for this?</p>
JFreeman
<p>That is because IBM i is a commercial product that requires a license from IBM whereas tomcat is a free open source application server. Which means, you are going to find significantly more discussion and tutorials around tomcat since it is easily accessible and there are going to be far less users on an IBM AS/400 or i installation.</p>
Katieee
<p>Right I see, that makes sense now - thank you for explaining that Jesse, you've been more than helpful!</p>
JFreeman
<p>You're welcome.</p>
<p>I'm glad I could be of assistance.</p>