<p>Basically, I have a basic pattern I've been trying to implement. I have two charts (e.g. Bar charts) both charts filter on data provided in a report parameter. In addition, using chart interactivity features on chart 1, I want to filter on chart 2. I've followed a recipe found <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/577-using-chart-interactivity-to-filter-table-data/'>here</a> which uses one chart to filter a table which is easily adapted to chart 2. Each of these works independently.</p>
<p>
Here is the problem: If I filter chart 2 by clicking on chart 1, chart 2 filters as expected. However, as soon as I re-run the report with new report parameters, the filter set by clicking chart 1 is reset. I would like to have the two filtering mechanisms work together rather than resetting.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Here is one approach I started but an unable to finish. I can store the filter state as defined by clicking in a client-side (I think it is client side) javascript global variable. However, I don't know of a way to access that global variable prior to the report or chart rendering. As for as I can tell, all the scripting interfaces (e.g., beforeRender) provided in BIRT Designer are server-side scripts.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Attached is the above described example derived from the sample I downloaded from devshare.