Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How can I pass parameters from a dataset to a nested Data Cube ?
rveeraraghav
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> This is the scenario I have. I am trying to create a report grouping on an element and a cross tab per each group value. In other words something like this</p>
<p> </p>
<p>A</p>
<p> 1 2 3 4</p>
<p> a</p>
<p> b</p>
<p> c</p>
<p> </p>
<p>B</p>
<p> 1 2 3 4</p>
<p> a</p>
<p> b</p>
<p> c</p>
<p> </p>
<p>etc.</p>
<p>So, what I created was a dataset which will return values A, B, C..</p>
<p> And a nested datacube which should return results based on the values A, B ..</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But, I am unable to modify or set the parameters used by the datacube to be dynamic. I even tried using reportContext, but still I get the same values are passed in to the datacube query.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any suggestions or solutions?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am willing to use any other data object if it will fix my problem.</p>
<p>Thanks in advance,</p>
<p> Ravi</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I'm pretty certain you'll need to bring everything into the cube data set the first time and just use filters to limit the values shown per group.
rveeraraghav
<p>Hi Michael,</p>
<p> I modified my report and added ( or rather tried to add ) a filter.Now, the group has a data set. and the data cube has a dataset. How can I access in the filter, any data from the group's data set? I tried using reportContext, but the problem there was, it gets set for the first group. Then I end up with cross tabs which don't change. What am I doing wrong?</p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p> Ravi</p>
mwilliams
You might take a look at this devshare post:<br><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/800-limiting-an-embedded-crosstab-to-a-value-from-the-outer-table/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/800-limiting-an-embedded-crosstab-to-a-value-from-the-outer-table/</a><br><br>You'd
just select the embedded crosstab and go to the filters section of the property editor and add the filter there. Hope this helps.
rveeraraghav
<p>Hi Michael,</p>
<p> Thanks so much. It works! I needed exactly what was in that post.</p>
<p>- Ravi</p>
mwilliams
Not a problem! Glad it's working, now!