Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to pass parameters in report
bobyura@ukr.net
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I used BIRT (not BIRT iHub F-Type) I could pass parameters in report like that:</p>
<pre>
<p><a href="<%= request.getContextPath( ) + "/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign&sample=my+parameter" %>">View Example</a></pre>
<p>Actually, this is coming from example in birt.war. Here we have <span>parameter with name 'sample' and value 'my+parameter</span>'.</p>
<p>When I tried to do something similar with iHub3 I have got empty value.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, could someone please help me how to pass parameters for report in iHub3?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks.</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Is there a reason why you are not using the Hyperlink property?</p>
bobyura@ukr.net
<p>Actually, I understood my problem and I don't see solution yet.</p>
<p>Parameters are passing.</p>
<p>We have two hidden parameters and three visible for user. For counting drop down list for visible params we need to have two hidden beforehand. But iHub starts to count drop down list before he have got received these two which are hidden.</p>
micajblock
<p>I do not understand. Can you describe in detail what your requirements are?</p>
bobyura@ukr.net
<p>We are using scripted data source for accessing our REST API. We have also some kind of security on REST API layer. For accessing our REST API we need to pass in request some security key. For that reason we pass on report two parameters (let's say id1 and id2). On data source open event we get security key by using these two params. Then we have other parameters (cascading group) which we can select from drop down lists. But for filling those lists we need to do our REST API call, so we need to have our security key already setup. But iHub makes security call (data source open event) by using id1 and id2 BEFORE id1 and id2 actually setup from URL parameters.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.S. What is it 'Hyperlink Options'? I did not find them. How I can find then in eclipse?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.P.S. In short: data source open event happens BEFORE parameter's values setup from URL.</p>
micajblock
<p>So the parameter list needs to be filtered based on the security key that is retrieved using a different data set? Can your application just send the security key? Maybe you need to call your REST API from within the scripted data set that list the values. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.S. It is a property on almost every report item</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.P.S. Not true, it just how the parameter task works. If I am not mistaken the parameter task executes separately, </p>
bobyura@ukr.net
<p>Can your application just send the security key? - It was my first solution, but then for security reason was decided to do security call on report layer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Actually, I solved that problem by moving two invisible security parameters in cascading group with visible parameters.</p>
<p>Now I send from client one URL parameter which actually contains two values divided by comma (,). Inside report I parse it and assign to my security parameters.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Everything is working fine now except one thing: when report is showed up and user decide to change visible parameters (Main Menu -> Parameters), in appeared bottom parameter window I see wrong values in drop down lists. Those values are coming from default security values as though there is no URL parameter. Have someone seen such a problem with changing parameters after report is already shown?</p>