Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
hiding getImage SEVERE: null
Brodrick Sterling Wiley
<p>Good day, I'm in the process of cleaning up and optimizing my company's report and notice that part of the slowness of generation is coming from a few null images pulled from a dataset (from the Dynamic Image option) with the following error:</p>
<p> </p>
<p class=""><span style="color:#ff0000;">org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.EmitterUtil getImage</span></p>
<p class=""><span style="color:#ff0000;">SEVERE: null</span></p>
<p class=""> </p>
<p class="">The problem is that for these images, some use cases will make it null.</p>
<p class=""> </p>
<p class="">I have tried two options for this:</p>
<p class=""> </p>
<p class="">1. Making the image element's visibility false if row["URL"] == null with the dataset bound to the image element.</p>
<p class=""> </p>
<p class="">2. Had the image element inside a grid element with dataset bound to the grid and making the grid's visibility false if row["URL"] == null, hoping it wouldn't process the image and generate this error</p>
<p class=""> </p>
<p class="">Both those attempts still bring up the error in my server's console log.</p>
<p class=""> </p>
<p class="">Removing the image element from the template removes the error in my console so it's confirmed that the error is being thrown by this image.</p>
<p class=""> </p>
<p class="">Is there a way I can prevent the processing of the image if the dataset's value is null?</p>
<p class=""> </p>
<p class="">Thank you in advance for your time</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Brodrick Sterling Wiley
<p>I hate it when I figure out stuff RIGHT after asking lol</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For anybody else's reference to the solution,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What I did was instead of a grid, I used a table instead, that way if there is a null dataset results, the row will never be processed, hence the image will never be processed either, not giving the undesired error.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Of course, set the dataset's query limit 1 if you only want 1 image to be shown at the desired location.</p>