Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Export report to PDF using Actual Size - How to span multiple pages
richie.riviere
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a BIRT report that prints perfectly when I export to PDF and then select the Fit to page option in the BIRT report viewer. The catch is that it only prints perfectly if there are not more than about 15-20 records on the page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Once there are too many records on the page the content of the report starts shrinking so that it fits on the one page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there a way for me to specify for the pdf to only have x records per page OR better yet is there a way to tell BIRT to automatically span multiple pages and not shrink the content to fit one page?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Richard</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Can you attach a sample report that uses a flat file data source or classic models that we can run to reproduce the issue?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am unable to replicate this issue in 4.4.0.</p>
richie.riviere
Hi. I am using 3.7.2. It's a bit hard for me to create to flat file datasource because I am not really familiar how to do it. So before look into doing that can you help me with a couple of things.<br><br>
1. Are there any settings in the designer that I need to set to allow the exported pdf report to be exported into multiple pages? I haven't been able to find any print specific settings at all. Ie. page break options etc<br><br>
2. When you select export as pdf using the actual size radio button what does the actual size actually mean. What should I expect according to birt? I'm asking because I can't find documentation of those settings.<br><br>
Thanks for your help
richie.riviere
Actually I just thought of something else. A long time ago there was a setting I changed so that all my content would be on a single page inside the birt report viewer. I.e. This means my user never needs to click in the next page button in the viewer.<br><br>
I can't remember what the setting was but could that be contributing to my problem? <br><br>
If possible I want to keep the report looking the same inside the viewer but just make the page breaks specific to exporting to pdf.<br><br>
Thanks again
richie.riviere
<p>Hi. I've spent a while looking at this today and I think the question I have asked is wrong. I will discontinue this thread and start a new one which is more appropriately named with a better question. Sorry for the spam. The link to the new question is here.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36389-set-pagebreakinterval-for-export-to-pdf-from-the-webviewer/?p=134985'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36389-set-pagebreakinterval-for-export-to-pdf-from-the-webviewer/?p=134985</a></p>
;