Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using JavaScript API to display report in Joomla website
tango91a
<p>Hi,<br>
<br>
I am trying use the JavaScript API to display a report in a Joomla web page. <br>
<br>
So to test it out, I created an article and used a plug-in that enables me to code directly within the article (i.e. use php, javascript, html etc.). I have used this plugin on numerous occasions and it works very well.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Script is as shown: </p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-html">
<html>
<BODY onload='init()'>
<script type='text/javascript' language='JavaScript' src='http://192.168.0.177:8080/myapp/jsapi'></script>
<script type='text/javascript'>
function init( ){
actuate.load('viewer');
actuate.initialize('http://192.168.0.177:8080/myapp', null,null,null,myInit);
}
function myInit(){
viewer1 = new actuate.Viewer('cont1');
viewer1.setReportDesign('/test.rptdesign');
viewer1.submit( );
}
</script>
<table>
<tr>
<td><div id='cont1' style=' border-width: 0px; border-style: solid;' /></td>
</tr>
</table>
</BODY>
</html>
</pre>
<p> <br>
<br>
When I view the page all I get is the spinning animation...but nothing is displayed. Please see Image 1 attached:
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>First what version of Actuate are you using? Second how are you authenticating to Actuate? Are you using ICSE?</p>
tango91a
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using the Actuate BIRT Viewer Toolkit for this project. I don't think the toolkit requires authentication. Not using ICSE.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
micajblock
<p>I have no idea then. Have you tried to use the browsers developer tools to find if there are errors?</p>
tango91a
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I tried the same script with F-Type and it works fine, but I cannot get it to work with the Actuate BIRT Viewer Toolkit. Any ideas?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When using F-Type it works with Chrome and Firefox but not with Internet Explorer 11 ( I changed the compatibility settings but still no joy). Any ideas?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
shiloam
<p>Paul,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have you used Chrome dev tools and taken a look at the console to see if there's any Javascript errors? Are the following URLs valid for your application?:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(0,136,0);"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://192.168.0.177:8080/myapp/jsapi'>http://192.168.0.177:8080/myapp/jsapi</a></span></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>and </p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(0,136,0);"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://192.168.0.177:8080/myapp/'>http://192.168.0.177:8080/myapp/</a></span></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>In addition, what plugin are you using? Does it support loading page resources in the head? If it doesn't you'll have to find a way to load the JSAPI library (first URL above) in the head of your document.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Steve</p>
tango91a
<p>Hi Steve,</p>
<ul><li>I used both Chrome dev tools and Firebug (via firefox)....but there were not Javascript errors.</li>
<li>Both urls are valid for the application. I can see them when I use the web browser dev tools. For example when I click on the jsapi url in the dev tools...I see the Actuate script.</li>
<li>I use the plugin Sourcerer. The scripts loads in the head.</li>
</ul><p>Perhaps there's something wrong with the BVT. Because using the same scripts and switching the url to the F-Type app..everything works fine.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Paul</p>