Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
server profile for Azure VM
csetzkorn
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We have installed the iHub on an Azure VM and it seems to work fine. We can access the iHub via an URL and we have created 2 admin users. Just curious how do I determine these details:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Server</p>
<p>Port number</p>
<p>Username</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For server I just tried the IP address of the VM and the URL. For port I tried 8000, 8500, 8700. For the user name and password I have used one admin account's credentials. Unfortunately, I am getting timeouts. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Maybe the port is incorrect and/or I need to open up the firewall?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any feedback would be very much appreciate. Many thanks in advance.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Christian</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Can you provide the context for how you are needing to use those details?</p>
<p>Are you trying to connect to the iHub to publish files from BIRT Designer?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If so, "Server" should be the hostname or IP address of the VM, "Port number" should be the port configured as your iHubs SOAP Port (8000 is the default SOAP Port) and "Username" should be which ever iHub user you are wanting to publish the files.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Based on your description so far, my first guess is that the firewall needs to have port 8000 opened for the communication. Otherwise, you could be facing a network related issue.</p>