Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Print footer on bottom of last page (not using MasterPages)
steven.peeters
<div>Hello,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I’m new to BIRT and working on a proof of concept.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Until now everything looks very promising but I’ve ran into a critical problem:</div>
<div>Printing a grid at the bottom of the document, only on the last page. (for eg totals)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>For this I have following prerequisites:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>1.<span> </span>We’ll be using the genReport batch, exporting to PDF; this means I won’t be able to check pageNumber or the totalPage variable (on the servlet it works, with genReport it doesn’t)</div>
<div>2.<span> </span>The detail content will consist out of various “subreports†and the height of a row can be different for every row. (page break interval will be set to 0)</div>
<div>3.<span> </span>If there are multiple pages, the detail on the page needs to run to the bottom of the page, using all available space (except for the last page of course)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I’ve included a simple report program that uses the sample DB so it’s easier to point out how this could be done. (new_report.rptdesign)</div>
<div>I’ve also included the actual simplified report we’ll be using. It uses a dummy XML/XSD data source. (amp6.rptdesign + .xml + .xsd) I coudn't upload .xsd so I've renamed it to .txt</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thank you for your help. </div>
<div> </div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I've done a couple different things for issues like this in the past. You can compute averages for characters per line and figure an approximation for how far you'll be from the bottom on the last page and insert space to get to the bottom of the page based on this calculation.<br><br>Another thing I've done is to process the data into a scripted data set where I can know for sure how many rows there are. This one would definitely be more accurate.<br><br>If I come up with something else, I'll let you know.