<p>Hi
@all,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've pulled the latest birt project version from git (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://github.com/eclipse/birt.git'>https://github.com/eclipse/birt.git</a>) to extend the </p>
<p>default pdf emitter with some special functionality (CMYK color conversion). Later I will provide these changes for the community.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What I've done is to modify the project "org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.pdf". I'm using Luna SR2 with Birt 4.4.2 as IDE.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Extending the plugin was very easy, because there was no need to change the plugin.xml - no new dependencies or other stuff.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I'm testing the plugin with the eclipse runtime application (eclipse launches a new eclipse instance with the modified plugin) everything works as expected.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BUT when I export the plugin (see <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipsePlugIn/article.html)'>http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipsePlugIn/article.html)</a>then eclipse cannot install it. The dropins folder doesn't work, but doesn't show any error messages. And using the update site mechanism shows me the following errors (see attachement) </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, what the **** is the difference between launching the eclipse runtime while developing and exporting and installing it?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks a lot for your help. I've no idea what to do.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Patrick</p>