Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Forwarding to different report in a filter
mmacmillan74
<p>I have a filter that handles all requests coming through from birt. I validate that the frameset report has not been tampered with and if not all is well. If it has been tampered with, I forward to an unauthorized report. The problem is unbeknownst to me that there are two requests coming for the same report. The first one comes in and it is tampered with and I forward to the unauthorized report...but then a second call comes in and trumps the first (second is valid)..so the unauthorized never gets displayed. Is there anyway when the forward to unauthorized is done, to stop BIRT processing so the second request does not come in?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I do the forward...birt still keeps going and displays the regular report and not my forward.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using BIRT 2.5.1.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any help is HIGHLY appreciated. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
The two report calls are separate? Or they originate from the same place? Could you explain a bit more?
mmacmillan74
<p>The two requests come on the same report call. I believe what is happening is there is a parameter dialog before the report. The 1st request comes in for the dialog...I forward to the unauthorized page...and then the request for the main report comes in and it is a good link and trumps first. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>The requests originate from the same frameset call.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for response!</p>
mwilliams
You may have to figure out how the parameter dialog is calling the report and modify it so it doesn't happen if you forward the original parameter page request. It'll be tough for me to test anything on this without your setup. I'll try to take a look at how that second call is made when I get a chance.