Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Per row dataset parameters
ldrag
<p>Dear BIRT friends,</p>
<p>could you please help me finding the best solution for the following:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a POJO-based data source and a dataset where one of the columns is defined on a method with parameters. As far as I understand values for those parameters are passed from proper dataset parameters. So far, so good.</p>
<p>My report contains a table build on the dataset. At this moment I would like to set necessary dataset parameters but those need to be calculated dynamically by processing values from current row.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any ideas how to bind dataset parameters to values of current table row?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks for help</p>
<p>lukasz</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not clear for your description exactly what you are trying to accomplish, can you provide additional details?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If possible, can you attach a sample report that demonstrates the current behavior you what you would like to accomplish?</p>
ldrag
<p>I am using BIRT 4.4.1.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a simple POJO OfferInterval (attached) which I would like to use in my dataset. I bound four of its methods to dataset columns in my report.</p>
<p>With those tree I have no problems:</p>
<ul><li>getFrom()</li>
<li>getTo()</li>
<li>getValue()</li>
</ul><p>The fourth one takes two parameters:</p>
<ul><li>contains(Instant, Instant)</li>
</ul><p>In the dataset definition I bound those method parameters to report parameters.</p>
<p>At this moment I created a simple table that uses my dataset.</p>
<p>Now I would like to dynamically set the values of corresponding report parameters (or directly dataset parameters) for each element of my dataset. So when my report is evaluated each row of my report table can calculate the input parameters that would be in the end passed to #contains(Instant, Instant) method.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Till now I was only able to set report parameters statically (with default value) which resulted in passing their values to all invocations of #contains(Instant, Instant)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I hope I managed to clear my approach a bit. A sample report is attached.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks to help</p>
<p>lukasz</p>
<p> </p>