Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Remove empty space in a page
rajkishore
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have created a report which is getting few rows and having 20 or 30 columns , let say some times 1 or 2 or 3 rows. in that case when report run in web viewer or any other format that is displaying only 1 or 2 or 3 rows and remaining white/empty space.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This would be an issues when i am integrating with web portal, especially when the rows are 1 or 2 or 3 . user wants to horizontally scroll to see the 20 or 30 columns. the scroll is displaying at the bottom of the page /window.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>is there anything below solution can i able to do.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. Add scroll bar to the grid or table.(i know we can add scrollbar if it is fixed layout , but my report is Auto layout.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2.Remove the empty or white space.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Versions : iHub3</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached sample screen shot.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Kishore G</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>If I am understanding correctly, you are wanting to remove the white space from below the rows before the footer?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If so, you can change the size of the report on the Master Page of the report design. Drag the sliders on the scale bar on the side to a smaller size. With Auto Layout, it will auto expand past the slider position to display the content, if necessary.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Based on your screenshot, I would also recommend changing the Orientation on the Master Page from Portrait to Landscape.</p>
rajkishore
<p>Hi JFreeman,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your response, Space is not above the footer. it is report design white space. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached the report design just run the report you can able to see the white space.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Kishore G</p>
JFreeman
<p>Take a look at the modified version of your report attached.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have done as described in my previous post to change the orientation and dimensions of the report on the Master Page.</p>
rajkishore
<p>Thanks for quick response.Did you exported the report Word or PDF? Only one row is showing in multiple pages.</p>
JFreeman
<p>I had understood the intention was to be using the Web Viewer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've modified it to give some additional space for PDF output.</p>
rajkishore
<p>Thanks JFreeman, let me try this option in my work environment.</p>
rajkishore
<p>Jfreeman, I tried your option. it works some extend, if the data is one row it is working properly. If it is more data let say 50 more rows in exported PDF or word it causing issue.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>is there any work around that we can able to keep one master page for html and one for PDF and word.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3/help/adg/adg62/index.html#page/ADG/ScriptingWithJavaScript.1.05.html'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3/help/adg/adg62/index.html#page/ADG/ScriptingWithJavaScript.1.05.html</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>as mentioned in above URL,I tried to set master page based on the output. but it seems to be limitation in actuate it is not working especially when export it PDF from web viewer.</p>
JFreeman
<p>There are a couple of options.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can create 2 separate reports, one for the WebViewer and one for PDF/DOC format.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Alternatively, you can have 2 different master pages and then set which master page to use in beforeFactory. However, in iHub 3 the call reportContext.getOutputFormat() will not return the selected output format in beforeFactory. This is because iHub 3 uses separate run and render tasks and beforeFactory is during the run task where the report will not know what the output format is yet.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Instead you can add a parameter to the report that sets what the output format should be and then use this parameter to determine which master page should be used.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Take a look at the attached version of the report where I have added this functionality.</p>
rajkishore
<p>Thanks JFreeman for your efforts. The below observations i could able to see in this report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. if I run the report in in web viewer and select PDF as a parameter, The output is not showing in PDF. Again i need to do export</p>
<p>from IV.</p>
<p>2.if I run the report in in web viewer and select HTML as a parameter, export to PDF from IV not giving expected results.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>User preference is run the report in web viewer and exported to different formats. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please suggest if there is any work around to get it resolved other wise i will try to raise a case.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Your observations are correct, the parameter and scripting are just going to change which master page is used.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It is not going to change based on the output format selected in the web viewer. You will have to add a custom button or some other logic to rerun the report and pass it the parameter for the requested output format.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Otherwise, you can have 2 separate reports, One for Web and one for PDF/Doc.</p>
rajkishore
<p>Hi JFreeman,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was trying another way to get this resolved, Could you please help me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can we able to fix this with iframe. accessing the report with iframe and reduce size of empty page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do you have any example that can access report using iframe JSAPI.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you for help.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Kishore G</p>
JFreeman
<p>Is there a specific requirement or need to be using an iframe?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It should be possible however, it is not recommended to use an iframe. Instead, it should be loaded into a div.</p>
rajkishore
the reports are loaded from the client portal. when user executed the report if have only one row or lesser rows then they are seeing huge white space.if they want to navigate to right side the scroll bar is showing very bottom of the frame. so I want to avoid this. <br><br>
Instead of report modification I want reduce the size of frame.
JFreeman
<p>I believe you should be able to achieve the same behavior using a div instead of an iframe.</p>
rajkishore
Thanks. do you have any examples. Please let me know.
JFreeman
<p>You can find quite a few JSAPI examples on the DevShare here: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/tags/downloads/JSAPI/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/tags/downloads/JSAPI/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>The documentation for using JSAPI can be found here: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3-dev/aig-main/index.html#page/aig/part4.html'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3-dev/aig-main/index.html#page/aig/part4.html</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>The JsDoc for JSAPI can be found here: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/JAVADOCS/JSAPI-iHub31/symbols/actuate.html'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/JAVADOCS/JSAPI-iHub31/symbols/actuate.html</a></p>
;