Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Get param type and data to create my own report parameter windows
egau
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I wanted to know if it's possible to get report parameter data type and the result of the request to display report parameter in a specific page. Or at least, a objet that can be called to get the resultat of the dataSet that is binded to the report parameter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>To explained it in another way, I want to be able to display report parameter in my own way, as if I re-implemented the report parameter panel that comes with the BIRT Viewer but using BIRT Engine so it manages all data sources available in BIRT.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not sure if it's clear so if you need more precision, just ask I ll try to create some schema of to explain it in a third way</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance for any tips !</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
egau
<p>By continuing searching, I just find that on that page : <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://eclipse.org/birt/documentation/integrating/reapi.php'>http://eclipse.org/birt/documentation/integrating/reapi.php</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>The following content : </p>
<p> </p>
<p>"Obtain information about report parameters using IGetParameterDefinitionTask. This is only needed if you want to build a custom parameter page or collect parameter definition information. The IRunTask and the IRunAndRenderTask interfaces have methods for setting parameter values."</p>
<p> </p>
<p>That seams to tell me "Yes" it is possible, now I just have to find out how
. I just hope that info returned by this <span style="font-family:monospace;">IGetParameterDefinitionTask are correct.</span></p>
JFreeman
<p>If I am understanding correctly, it sounds like you want to create a custom parameter page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Take a look a this blog post on creating a custom parameter page: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://blogs.actuate.com/custom-parameter-pages/'>http://blogs.actuate.com/custom-parameter-pages/</a></p>
;
egau
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>First thanks for the blog link. I'm not sure I exactly want that because in the blog post it means I have to use a tomcat server to display the page containing the parameters. In my architecture, I want to be able to "parse" reports and to send parameters definitions + data to another server only based on apache (HTTP only).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I attach a schema so that you can imagine the solution. Concerning the 4th step, I already have that working.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Based on your schema, you are going to need to do something like you pointed out in your second post to use the report engine to return back the parameter list to your HTTP server.</p>