Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cannot see GUI on VM download
jasonwisdom
<p>Hi, </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I downloaded the VM version of BIRT iHub F-Type, and when I start the VM, I just get a command prompt asking for my username and password. Upon successful login, I am taken to a terminal prompt.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How do I load up the GUI? I want to see examples of BIRT iHub in action, modify reports, etc.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you,</p>
<p>Jason</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>The VM is the server. You login to iHub using the host system? There should be a specific message on the VM screen **** tot he IP address it uses. Open a browser on your host machine (not the VM)
http://<your
VM IP address>:8700/iportal</p>
JFreeman
<p>By default, the VM version of F-Type uses a headless instance of CentOS. You can connect to it from the OS hosting the VM in a web browser by navigating to iPortal with the IP Address or hostname of the VM:
http://<ipaddress/hostname>:8700/iportal</p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Alternatively, you can use yum within the VM to install any GUI you would like that is supported by CentOS, such as Gnome or KDE. If this VM and iHub is going to be used for enterprise purposes, I do not typically recommend installing a GUI onto the VM for security reasons.</p>
micajblock
<p>Also we did not include the GUI to keep the VM small.</p>
jasonwisdom
<p>Thank you--this helped and my browser/VM is now working.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Will plan out how to bring it to production state later...right now just creating a demo.</p>
<p>Next step: connect to cloud-based MySQL data source, and then install dashboard onto an AWS EC2 instance...I guess the last part will be the Linux install instructions.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any thoughts on the MySQL?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks again.</p>
jasonwisdom
<p>nevermind on the second question... I will start a new thread. Others may have the same issue and I do not want to cross threads/topics.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you both!!</p>
micajblock
<p>search the forums and you will find the answer.</p>
jasonwisdom
<p>Hi Mica,</p>
<p>Thank you for the suggestion...I searched the forums pretty thoroughly and did not find any references to connecting to a database as a source. </p>
<p>Can you kindly point me in the right direction please</p>
<p>Thanks again</p>
<p>Jason</p>
JFreeman
<p>Take a look at the reply on your new thread for the mysql in a dashboard questions: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36435-connecting-to-mysql-for-reportsdashboard/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36435-connecting-to-mysql-for-reportsdashboard/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>I wont reiterate it here to try and keep this thread specific to your original question.</p>