Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Unwanted Page Breaks
onthegomiller
<p>Ok, I'm pulling my hair out.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a report that works fine until I add a Table Group. As soon as I add a Table Group, the report produces a blank initial page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I submitted questions regarding this issue previously but I hadn't determined at that time that the problem was with Table Groups.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can anyone help? I also thought this might be an IBM Maximo issue as these reports are being imported into version 7.5 of Maximo. This is not the case as I can see the issue when I run the report stand alone within BIRT to a Web Viewer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm hoping someone has some suggestions?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you in advance.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
onthegomiller
<p>As a note to this issue...I changed all page break values to 'auto', including the page break inside value, which had defaulted to 'avoid'. I've played with the 'auto' and 'avoid' values and nothing seems to make a difference.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As soon as I delete the Table Group, the blank page goes away.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Can you attach a sample report that has this issue so we can see how you have the report setup?</p>
onthegomiller
<p>I've attached a copy.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you so much for your time.</p>
JFreeman
<p>You indicated you have been trying some different configurations with the page break settings. Where you changing those on the Edit Group dialogue or on the table itself?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you change the page break of Before in the Edit Group dialogue and the table to Avoid, do you still get the same behavior?</p>
onthegomiller
<p>Hi Jesse,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've tried it in both the table itself and the Edit Group dialogue. I've tried a variety of combinations between those two and the behavior is the same regardless. I've tried in just the table itself and just the Edit Group dialogue itself. I've also tried the two together. Same results, unfortunately. Nothing seems to alleviate that initial page break (except removing the Table Group).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any ideas?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you again!</p>
onthegomiller
<p>One additional note...I would remove the Table Group if possible, but it was added because of an IBM bug outlined in the following link (item 3B):</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM Maximo Asset Management/page/371 BIRT Upgrade'>https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM Maximo Asset Management/page/371 BIRT Upgrade</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>The Table Group is necessary to ensure that multiple children display w/in the report (they were not displaying after our 7.5 upgrade).</p>
onthegomiller
<p>Hi there,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just checking in to see if there were any more suggestions on this issue? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any additional info you can give is greatly appreciated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks again, very much, for your time.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Can you replicate this using a non-maximo report based on classic models or a flat file data source?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have been trying to replicate this issue in a report I am able to run. However, I have been unable to replicate the issue thus far.</p>
onthegomiller
<p>Well, I've not actually tried creating a BIRT report for anything other than interaction with Maximo. I could try this but my guess is that the issue would probably not replicate (similar to your test). I'm thinking you're suggesting that this may be an issue with the way BIRT interacts with Maximo, correct? This is what I sort of suspected all along but I guess I was looking for validation of some sort. Is that what you theorize this issue to be based on your own tests of BIRT using classic models?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As always, I'm appreciative of your time.</p>