Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
error JDBC data source
Fuigi
<p>Hi, I'm in intership about the BIRT solution, so I don't know this software.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have 2 questions about the creation of data source.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>At first can I use an ODBC data source instead of a JDBC data source ? And if I can, how do this ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>About the JDBC data source I have an error, when I try to create a new JDBC data source and I click on "next" nothing happen. All other type of data source works properly, exept just after I click on "next" for the "JDBC data source", after that for all other type of data source I have a window "connection profiles" open, with 2 lines to complete "name" and "description (optional)".</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't understand why I have this problem cause on my laptop (windows 8 64 bits, JDK install) I don't have this, everything works properly. But on my business computer (windows 7 32 bits) I have the problem. I tryed to install JDK, cause it's requiered and we don't have on the computer at first. But nothing change.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank for answer</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For an ODBC data source, you will need to use a JDBC to ODBC bridge. Take a look a this documentation: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Data_Access#Q:_How_do_I_connect_to_an_ODBC_data_source.3F'>https://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Data_Access#Q:_How_do_I_connect_to_an_ODBC_data_source.3F</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Regarding the JDBC issue, are you receiving any errors in the error log?</p>
Fuigi
<p>I installed the lastest version of Birt (all in one) for 32 bits, the 4.4.2</p>
<p>I don't remeber now if I had an error caused by the JDBC. But I have some errors in the log at the first open of birt.<br><br>
I install Birt Designer Pro too this afternoon, I have no problem with it but it's only a 90 day trial. And I don't know how many the subcription cost after.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So with Birt Designer Pro I can use a JDBC data source but I tried to use "sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver" in driver (I wrote this by hand, cause it was not proposed in the dropdown) and "jdbc:odbc:myodbcdatabase" but no works "don't find the driver" (if I remember well the error I had this afternoon.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you tell me if you know were is the sun driver <span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">JDBC-ODBC bridge in JDK or JRE I have this one too ? I have JDK 1.8. and JRE 1.8 too I read on other topic it was for the JRE in the rt.jar I tried to open it with 7 zip, but I don't find the driver.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Now I'm not with my business computer I can't watch the errors I have ect.. </span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">I can only said to you, I tryed to install birt 4.4.2 on another computer, but not connected at the compagny network. The computer is a windows 7 in 64 bits, and everything works properly like on my laptop. But we can't do anything cause is not connected at the compagny network.</span></p>
Fuigi
<p>So I just check if I am receiving error log after choosing JDBC, and I don't.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But, at my first openning of birt I have an error log :</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!SESSION 2015-04-09 08:22:43.046
</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">eclipse.buildId=4.4.2.M20150204-1700</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">java.version=1.8.0_40</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">java.vendor=Oracle Corporation</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=fr_FR</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.reporting.product</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.reporting.product</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 2 0 2015-04-09 08:23:30.651</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!MESSAGE [SCR - WorkThread] Timeout occurred! Thread was blocked on processing [QueuedJob] WorkPerformer: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.SCRManager@14145a3; actionType 1</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 2 0 2015-04-09 08:23:31.041</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!MESSAGE [SCR] Enabling components of bundle org.eclipse.ui.trace did not complete in 30000 ms </span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 0 2015-04-09 08:23:36.174</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!STACK 0</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to acquire the state change lock for the module: osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.core.runtime"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="3.10.0.v20140318-2214"; singleton:="true" [id=192] STARTED [STARTED]</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.lockStateChange(Module.java:329)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:389)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1562)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2015-04-09 08:23:41.649</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!MESSAGE While loading class "org.eclipse.core.runtime.IExtensionRegistry", thread "Thread[Start Level: Equinox Container: f09075dc-80de-0014-11fe-cf5eb78156f2,5,main]" timed out waiting (5007ms) for thread "Thread[Component Resolve Thread,5,main]" to finish starting bundle "org.eclipse.equinox.registry_3.5.400.v20140428-1507 [436]". To avoid deadlock, thread "Thread[Start Level: Equinox Container: f09075dc-80de-0014-11fe-cf5eb78156f2,5,main]" is proceeding but "org.eclipse.core.runtime.IExtensionRegistry" may not be fully initialized.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!STACK 0</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to acquire the state change lock for the module: osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.equinox.registry"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="3.5.400.v20140428-1507"; singleton:="true" [id=436] STARTED [STARTED]</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.lockStateChange(Module.java:329)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:389)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:454)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.hooks.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:531)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.findLocalClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:324)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:320)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.sources.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:36)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.sources.MultiSourcePackage.loadClass(MultiSourcePackage.java:32)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:391)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:345)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:337)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.Activator.start(Activator.java:34)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:771)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:764)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:721)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:936)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:319)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:571)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:439)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:454)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.hooks.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:531)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.findLocalClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:324)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:320)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.sources.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:36)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:379)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:345)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:337)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.watchDropins(Activator.java:539)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.start(Activator.java:172)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:771)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:764)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:721)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:936)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:319)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:571)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:439)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1562)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2015-04-09 08:23:47.694</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!MESSAGE While loading class "org.eclipse.core.runtime.RegistryFactory", thread "Thread[Start Level: Equinox Container: f09075dc-80de-0014-11fe-cf5eb78156f2,5,main]" timed out waiting (4976ms) for thread "Thread[Component Resolve Thread,5,main]" to finish starting bundle "org.eclipse.equinox.registry_3.5.400.v20140428-1507 [436]". To avoid deadlock, thread "Thread[Start Level: Equinox Container: f09075dc-80de-0014-11fe-cf5eb78156f2,5,main]" is proceeding but "org.eclipse.core.runtime.RegistryFactory" may not be fully initialized.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!STACK 0</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to acquire the state change lock for the module: osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.equinox.registry"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="3.5.400.v20140428-1507"; singleton:="true" [id=436] STARTED [STARTED]</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.lockStateChange(Module.java:329)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:389)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:454)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.hooks.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:531)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.findLocalClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:324)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:320)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.sources.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:36)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.sources.MultiSourcePackage.loadClass(MultiSourcePackage.java:32)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:391)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:345)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:337)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.getAllSuffixes(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:427)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:659)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:96)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:92)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.directorywatcher.RepositoryListener.initializeMetadataRepository(RepositoryListener.java:104)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.directorywatcher.RepositoryListener.<init>(RepositoryListener.java:59)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.DropinsRepositoryListener.<init>(DropinsRepositoryListener.java:82)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.watchDropins(Activator.java:539)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.start(Activator.java:172)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:771)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:764)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:721)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:936)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:319)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:571)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:439)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1562)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2015-04-09 08:23:52.736</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!MESSAGE While loading class "org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.RegistryProviderFactory", thread "Thread[Start Level: Equinox Container: f09075dc-80de-0014-11fe-cf5eb78156f2,5,main]" timed out waiting (5001ms) for thread "Thread[Component Resolve Thread,5,main]" to finish starting bundle "org.eclipse.equinox.registry_3.5.400.v20140428-1507 [436]". To avoid deadlock, thread "Thread[Start Level: Equinox Container: f09075dc-80de-0014-11fe-cf5eb78156f2,5,main]" is proceeding but "org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.RegistryProviderFactory" may not be fully initialized.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!STACK 0</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to acquire the state change lock for the module: osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.equinox.registry"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="3.5.400.v20140428-1507"; singleton:="true" [id=436] STARTED [STARTED]</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.lockStateChange(Module.java:329)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:389)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:454)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.hooks.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:531)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.findLocalClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:324)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:320)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:395)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:345)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:337)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.RegistryFactory.getRegistry(RegistryFactory.java:69)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.getAllSuffixes(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:427)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:659)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:96)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:92)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.directorywatcher.RepositoryListener.initializeMetadataRepository(RepositoryListener.java:104)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.directorywatcher.RepositoryListener.<init>(RepositoryListener.java:59)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.DropinsRepositoryListener.<init>(DropinsRepositoryListener.java:82)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.watchDropins(Activator.java:539)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.start(Activator.java:172)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:771)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:764)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:721)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:936)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:319)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:571)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:439)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1562)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository 4 0 2015-04-09 08:23:52.827</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!MESSAGE Extension registry not found</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!STACK 0</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">java.lang.RuntimeException</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.getAllSuffixes(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:429)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:659)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:96)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:92)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.directorywatcher.RepositoryListener.initializeMetadataRepository(RepositoryListener.java:104)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.directorywatcher.RepositoryListener.<init>(RepositoryListener.java:59)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.DropinsRepositoryListener.<init>(DropinsRepositoryListener.java:82)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.watchDropins(Activator.java:539)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.start(Activator.java:172)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:771)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:764)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:721)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:936)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:319)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:571)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:439)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1562)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins 4 0 2015-04-09 08:23:52.963</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!STACK 0</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:792)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:721)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:936)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:319)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:571)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:439)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1562)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.doCreateRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:282)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.createRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:41)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.directorywatcher.RepositoryListener.initializeMetadataRepository(RepositoryListener.java:109)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.directorywatcher.RepositoryListener.<init>(RepositoryListener.java:59)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.DropinsRepositoryListener.<init>(DropinsRepositoryListener.java:82)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.watchDropins(Activator.java:539)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.start(Activator.java:172)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:771)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:764)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> ... 12 more</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">Root exception:</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">java.lang.NullPointerException</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.doCreateRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:282)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.createRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:41)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.directorywatcher.RepositoryListener.initializeMetadataRepository(RepositoryListener.java:109)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.directorywatcher.RepositoryListener.<init>(RepositoryListener.java:59)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.DropinsRepositoryListener.<init>(DropinsRepositoryListener.java:82)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.watchDropins(Activator.java:539)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.start(Activator.java:172)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:771)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:764)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:721)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:936)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:319)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:571)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:439)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1562)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2015-04-09 08:23:53.893</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!MESSAGE Application error</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">!STACK 1</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:78)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)</span></p>
Fuigi
<p>I just see I have an error when I try to select JDBC</p>
<p>"Unhandled event loop exception"</p>
<p> </p>
<p>java.lang.NullPointerException<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionPageHelper.updateTestButton(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:1079)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionPageHelper.resetTestAndMngButton(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:1101)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionWizardPage.refresh(JDBCSelectionWizardPage.java:107)<br>
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.internal.ui.NewDataSourceWizardBase.refreshPropertiesIfExist(NewDataSourceWizardBase.java:310)<br>
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.internal.designsession.DataSourceDesignSessionBase.initWizard(DataSourceDesignSessionBase.java:550)<br>
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.internal.designsession.DataSourceDesignSessionBase.initNewDesign(DataSourceDesignSessionBase.java:200)<br>
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.internal.designsession.DataSourceDesignSessionBase.restartNewDesign(DataSourceDesignSessionBase.java:153)<br>
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.ui.designsession.DataSourceDesignSession.restartNewDesign(DataSourceDesignSession.java:160)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.datasource.DataSourceSelectionPage.getNextPageODAV3(DataSourceSelectionPage.java:482)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.datasource.DataSourceSelectionPage.getNextPage(DataSourceSelectionPage.java:398)<br>
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:935)<br>
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:434)<br>
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:619)<br>
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)<br>
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)<br>
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)<br>
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)<br>
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)<br>
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)<br>
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)<br>
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.actions.NewDataSourceAction.run(NewDataSourceAction.java:126)<br>
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:519)<br>
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)<br>
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)<br>
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:420)<br>
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)<br>
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)<br>
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)<br>
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)<br>
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)<br>
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)<br>
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)<br>
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)<br>
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)<br>
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)<br>
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)<br>
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)<br>
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)<br>
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:135)<br>
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)<br>
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)<br>
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)<br>
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)<br>
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)<br>
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)<br>
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)<br>
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)<br>
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)<br>
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)<br>
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)<br>
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)<br>
</p>
<p>I try to make a simple report with Birt Designer Pro (with excel files) then, but I had an error to "18004 <span>An error</span> <span>occurred while</span> <span>retrieving</span> <span>the state</span> <span>parameters</span><span>.</span> <span>Can not get</span> <span>the file.</span>"</p>
<p>So I try to open the report created just before with Birt Designer, and I have this error when I try to execut the report</p>
<p>"Save operation warnings. </p>
<p>An exception stack trace is not available."</p>
<p> </p>
<p>After I try to build the same repport on Birt Designer, no error this time but the time to open the repport (in a web viewer) was really long.</p>
JFreeman
<p>What version of the JDK did you install on the work machine that is throwing the errors?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you attach the full error log?</p>
Fuigi
<p>I use JDK 8 update 40.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I enclose the different error log I have from the begining</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
Fuigi
<p>And for the Birt Designer Pro this error log.</p>
JFreeman
<p>For the Pro installation, the error indicates it could not access the specified file:</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
<p> </p>
<p>Caused by: javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: /Bpo.ibp/DFSUSERBPO/DOCUSER$/REHABAU/Documents/workspace BDP/test/Modèles d'état/new_report.rptdesign</p>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>I would start there.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As for the issues with 4.4.2 in your work environment, it looks like Eclipse itself is having multiple issues during start up including issues initializing the OSGi platform:</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
<p> </p>
<p>!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 2 0 2015-04-08 10:00:59.396</p>
<div>!MESSAGE [SCR - WorkThread] Timeout occurred! Thread was blocked on processing [QueuedJob] WorkPerformer: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.SCRManager@1aab435; actionType 1</div>
<div> </div>
<div>!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 2 0 2015-04-08 10:00:59.630</div>
<div>!MESSAGE [SCR] Enabling components of bundle org.eclipse.ui.trace did not complete in 30000 ms </div>
<div> </div>
<div>!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 0 2015-04-08 10:01:04.747</div>
<div>!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR</div>
<div>!STACK 0</div>
<div>org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to acquire the state change lock for the module: osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.core.runtime"; type="osgi.bundle"; </div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>The portion I am seeing repeated through the errors is "Unable to acquire the state change lock for the module" which looks to be happening for multiple modules within eclipse.</p>
<p>
You can try creating a new workspace for Eclipse and see if that helps. However, this may be happening due to permission issues which would mean working with your companies system administrator to resolve.</p>
Fuigi
<p>Thank for your reply, we have already test to create a new workspace, and the error always happen.</p>
<p>So we have install Eclipse IDE for Java EE developpers and the framework of BIRT. After we have manually ad the birt's plugin into the path " eclipse\dropins " of the Java developper.<br><br>
All it's working, except a warning "Warning: EGit couldn't detect the installation path "gitPrefix" "</p>
<p>But I don't know if it's important for the use of BIRT.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We also had a problem with the driver ODBC present in the jre\rt.jar</p>
<p>When we click on manage driver and we had the rt.jar the driver don't install.<br><br>
So we have paste the rt.jar in the path "dropins\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_4.4.2.v201410272105\drivers " and the ODBC driver was avaible just after that. It's a litle strange but we have manage now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For the BIRT pro.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't understand why he cannot access to the path I'll try to search a solution.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have some question for you, if you can answer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My work it's to create dynamic repport, for that the best way it's t use birt i-hub or can we do that with Birt ? Can we use birt i-hub with a free version of Birt ?</p>
<p>If we use a Pro version can we reuse the report create with Pro version with a Free version ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And for Birt i-hub the subscription is 500 $ per month with that we can upload as we want ? Or we have a max per month ? With Birt i-hub f-type we have two exceeding autorized, but 2 per month ? Year ? Or in all our use of i-hub f-type ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank if you can answer.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Reports created in BIRT Designer Professional can be used with iHub F-Type. However, you may encounter issues trying to use a report created in BD Pro with the OS runtime as there are features in Pro that are not part of the OS runtime.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regarding creating dynamic reports, I need to have more details on the specifics of your use case for creating the dynamic reports to provide a detailed answer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regarding the pricing, you should contact your sales representative to get details of the pricing information you are wanting. If you have not been in contact with a sales representative yet, you can start by filing out the contact form here: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.actuate.com/info/uscontactus/'>http://www.actuate.com/info/uscontactus/</a></p>
;
Fuigi
<p>Thank for your repply</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We want to create a report when is generated the user can choose the month, the year, the category and generate a chart.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We want create too, something when the user click on the name of a group in the chart that show detail of the group in the same chart.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For the moment I have a track. For the first part I use parameter (the first "?" represent the first parameter and the second "?" represent the second parameter etc.. If I have understand ?) the user can choose in a list box.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And for the second part I don't found what I want. For the moment, when the user click on the X-axis that open another report with same parameter again and one more for choose the group the user want to see details.</p>
<p>I find that anoying.. The user alway to choose parameter. And I think it's no possible to back at the selection of parameter ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But that don't work, when I create a parameter the report don't want to be gererated. I try to create a simple example</p>
<p>"</p>
<p><b>select</b> <b>count</b>(customername) <b>as</b> NbClient, city</p>
<p><b>from</b> customers</p>
<p><b>where</b> country <b>=</b> ?</p>
<p><b>group</b> <b>by</b> city"</p>
<p>With the classicmodel. I created a dateset who list the distinct custormer's country. And I created a parameter via this dataset.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>After that I try to see the report in all format (pdf, html..) but nothing work. The web page is loading, loading.. and loading. I wait 10 min (for a simple thing like that it's really huge.) and it's loading again.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>No error in my report after that.. I don't understand. </p>
<p>With my other computer (the computer not on the network enterprise and in window 8 64bit), and that work.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I see we can use "html button" on BD pro, but I still have my problem to access data. I tryed with my teradata base, always the same error. And with classic models to.</p>
<p>Can we use "html button" on free birt version ?</p>
Fuigi
<p>Hum, now it's work. I don't know why I don't change anything.. I just load an example with report parameter, that work and when I generate my that work too. But I'll not complain !</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I try to load example with cascade parameter (it's better if I want to choose 2015 for example not having the month > 5), and the example don't work
. Same situation like higher.. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>It's boring if I can't do that.</p>
Fuigi
<p>.. Sorry for flood.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But it the same problem for simple parameter again. I don't know why. Just eclipse crashed because I cheat between "?" and "." in query.</p>
<p>I have restart eclipse just after that and don't work again.</p>
<p>I'm going crazy..!</p>
JFreeman
<p>Can you attach the sample classic models report you are using when the issue is happening?</p>
Fuigi
<p>I understand. That's work again, but I have to wait a long time for the first using (25 min before open the report), and after that it's normal.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It's strange. In your opinion what causes this loading time ?</p>
<p>And for the selection parameter, the user can back to the selection when he had open a report ?</p>
Fuigi
<p>Any idea to revolse this problem of loading when the first report generation ?</p>
JFreeman
<p>Can you attach the report design that is being opened when the delay is happening?</p>
<p>Do you see any errors in the .log file of your workspace when the delay is happening?</p>
Fuigi
<p>The delay happening for all report. But just one time after opening Eclipse.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The delay happening for example with :</p>
<p> </p>
<p>the report example with parameter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Or for example with the report in attached files.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And I haven't error in my log when that happen.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Try launching the designer with eclipsec.exe to launch the console along side eclipse. Then monitor the console output when the issue is happening.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You may be able to gleam additional information or errors from the console output that is not being recorded to the log file.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As a side note, the sample report opens and runs quickly for me. Between that and that your issue appears to happen for all reports, I do not believe it is going to be report related but something more on the eclipse end.</p>
Fuigi
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I try to open with the eclipsec.exe but nothing. I have only that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
JFreeman
<p>You could try creating a new workspace and see if you get the same delay when using a new workspace.</p>
<p>Another thing to try is launching eclipse with the -clean flag. This may clear a setting that is causing the delay.</p>
Fuigi
<p>I tryed to create a new workspace before, nothing change.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How launch eclipse with the -clean flag ? </p>
JFreeman
<p>Launch eclipse from the cmd line with eclipse.exe -clean or modify the launch properties of the shortcut to the designer to include -clean.</p>
Fuigi
<p>I try that. But I have error
. And eclipse is really long to open with this error.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And after I can open eclipse. But I can't with the "eclipse.exe -clean" I have always this error.</p>
JFreeman
<p>A colleague of mine performed a setup the same as yours (using JEE eclipse and adding BIRT Framework plugins) and also cannot replicate your behavior.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you try installing the all-in-one copy of Eclipse for BIRT and see if you get the same behavior?</p>
Fuigi
<p>I try before to install the all-in-one, but I can't launch eclipse at first. And eclipse sucess to launch I can't creat a JDBC data source. So it's why I try to install JEE eclipse and install birt plugins after. That work.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I can try another time to install all-in-one version, but I don't believe that will work.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Try gabbing the all-in-one designer from this location: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-and-report-developers/lunasr2'>https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-and-report-developers/lunasr2</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>What operating system are you installing on?</p>
<p>Which package version are you using (Windows/Linux/Mac) (32 bit or 64 bit)?</p>
Fuigi
<p>Windows 7 32 bits.</p>
Fuigi
<p>Hi, so I try to install the all in one version, that don't work again.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I try to install birt on a serveur (cause I want to use ihub too but I can't on my computer.) with windows 2012 server, 8 go ram and 64 bits. I just copy the files on my computer on the server. And it's work, really fast.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So the problem is on my computer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What can cause this slowdown ?</p>
JFreeman
<p>My inkling is that the issue in your environment may be permissions related based on the failure to install/use some versions of the designer and the various errors you are having.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My suggestion is to work with your systems administrator on why the all in one version of the report designer cannot install within your environment. Getting this resolved may also help in getting some of the other issues resolved as well.</p>