Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Can we display X axis label for each bar in Bar Chart
rupali.kundar
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a requirement where I need to display only 6 bars in a bar chart.</p>
<p>Since my X axis values consists of wide ranges, the X axis labels for every bar is not displayed.</p>
<p>Can I display the label for each bar in such scenario?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Katieee
<p>Could you not double click the chart > axis > x-axis > labels > click 'stagger' <br><br>
That may show them up better? I'm not 100% mind - just thought it may help you
</p>
rupali.kundar
<p>That doesn't help me. Is there any other way ?</p>
Katieee
<p>Do you have a screenshot of what it looks like when it is ran please?
</p>
rupali.kundar
<p>I would not be able to share the screenshot. When stagger is clicked, all the labels disappear, and if it is unclicked the labels for all X axis dont get displayed. Is there any way where we can display all the x axis labels for all the bars in bar chart, through scripting ?</p>
Katieee
<p>Providing you have data in your table (that is correctly done) then they should appear, do all the bar charts themselves display? <br><br>
(Sorry I can't be of more help - I imagine there is probably something you can do with scripting as it seems like it is frequently used by BIRT users but I myself have only used basic scripting such as multiplication etc)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I imagine one of the senior members will know , such as JFreeman or MWilliams as they are very helpful. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>*Edit - Goto > format chart > x axis > label > check that interval is set to 1 (setting it to 2 for example if I have 'jan' 'feb' 'march' it won't display 'feb' the text just 'jan' and 'march')</p>
JFreeman
<p>If the labels are too long and overlapping which is causing all the labels to not appear, you can rotate the labels so that they wont over lap.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you provide a sample report based on classic models or a flat file we can run to see the issue?</p>
<p>Without being able to see what is actually happening, it is hard to be sure we are giving a good response.</p>
rupali.kundar
<p>As the labels were not fitting in the x-axis, the requirement was changed to shorten the label length. Now it is getting displayed as expected.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Thank you for the update.</p>
<p>I am glad to hear you got it resolved.</p>