Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Page number for Table and Group and Dynamic report labels
kwongyeong@gmail.com
<p>Hi</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using BIRT V4.4.2</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1) I have a report with 1 data set. I need to print 3 different sets of the same report but with different label for each set - EG 1 set for Dept A, 1 set for Dept B, 1 set for Dept C</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Currently I tried using 3 different tables for the different sets. Is there a better way? It seems like BIRT is processing the data set 3 times.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>2) I need to print the page number per group, I have tried following the PaginatePerGroup sample but hit into some problems.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>a) The total page numbers is showing {(groupname)=total page numbers} eg {test=6.0} instead of 6 (using the auto text variable)</p>
<p>b) For the 2nd and 3rd table is the page number keeps showing 1 and the total page is showing null:0. I tried using different variables for the 2nd and 3rd table, it did not work. Any suggestions?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance!</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, all three tables in the same report output isn't a problem?<br><br>What is the example that you used to do paginatePerGroup? Did you make sure to run your report with separate run and render tasks (meaning run in the web viewer). You can change the url parameter value for __format to pdf and the report will execute in pdf with separate run and render tasks. This may fix part of your issue without knowing what report you're using.
kwongyeong@gmail.com
<p>Hi</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for the quick reply</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Eclipse IDE for Java and Report Developers Version: Luna Service Release 2 (4.4.2)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>3 tables in the same report output not a problem. Performance wise maybe.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The problem now is getting the page number correct. I have attached the file for your reference.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p> </p>