Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Side By Side Chart & Listing template does not load
keerthink
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using BIRT Report Designer 4.4.1.</p>
<p>I need to create a report using the side by side chart & listing template. But it gives me this error :Failed to create parts controls." How can I fix this issue and use this template?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks a lot for your advise. </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>I can't replicate this specific error in 4.4.1 but I do get other errors with this template in 4.4.1.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I tried the same one in 4.4.2 and it looks to be working properly.</p>
<p>I would recommend upgrading to 4.4.2.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Just dug a bit deeper, it looks like there are 3 of those templates that have issues in 4.4.1 and it is being caused due to a bug with merging gird cells in 4.4.1.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Take a look at this bug report: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=446077'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=446077</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>There is a path for 4.4.1 on that bug report if upgrading to 4.4.2 is not an option. You can apply the patch and see if that resolves your issue with the template.</p>
keerthink
<p>I am not sure how to upgrade Birt to 4.4.2 nor how to apply the patch..do you mind giving me a brief hint?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks a lot</p>
<p>-Keerthi</p>
JFreeman
<p>Do you already have an environment setup with an application server that is using the 4.4.1 report engine?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For the designer, you can just download the latest 4.4.2 designer: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/'>http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Alternatively, you can also update eclipse and the BIRT plugins to 4.4.2 if downloading the new designer is not on option. Take a look a this blog post on upgrading the designer: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2006/01/birt-update-manager.html'>http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2006/01/birt-update-manager.html</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Regarding the patch, this patch looks to just be a single jar that needs to be replaced. To apply the patch you will need to find the existing jar this one will replace, make a backup and then replace the jar with the new one. The jar should go into the ./eclipse/plugins directory.</p>
keerthink
<p>I downloaded and installed the latest version of RCP report designer and it worked! Thanks!</p>
JFreeman
<p>Excellent, I'm glad to hear it worked.</p>
<p>Let us know if you have any additional questions.</p>