Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
multiple parameters
newbie1
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I need to create a report that allow user to enter either one of the 7 parameters.</p>
<p>My SQL query is as such:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>select * from table</p>
<p>where f1 = ? -- paramter1</p>
<p>or f2 = ? -- parameter2</p>
<p>or f3 = ? -- parameter3 etc....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cascading parameter is not it. Multi Select does not work since it requires only one parameter and multi value. Dynamic does not work because the user can key any one of the 7 parameters.....HELP. I'm stuck at this for the last 2 days.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
newbie1
<p>sorry, I'm using Birt designer 4.4.2</p>
JFreeman
<p>You can create a report parameter to be paired with each query parameter.</p>
<p>
Alternatively, you can use some javascript on the data set to manually add the parameter by modify this.queryText.</p>
newbie1
<p>Thank you Jesse for the fast response. The first option works fine and since I'm new to java script....I'll leave that alone for now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you</p>
JFreeman
<p>You're welcome.</p>
<p>Let us know if you have additional questions.</p>
newbie1
<p>Hi Jesse,</p>
<p>For this report with a list on Parameters, when I ran the report in HTML or Web View, the report is running fine. However, when I run this in PDF (Run -> View Report -> as PDF) - the parameters selection list did not show up and the report got run (with 0 result coming back - which is correct since there is no parameter pass to the query).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I download a few of sample of Parameter reports from Birt Forum and ran it as PDF and had no issue. However, there's only one difference between my report and the other sample reports is that my report don't have "Required" parameters. Could this be the result ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>
JFreeman
<p>So your report does not have any required parameters?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If that is the case, I do believe that will be why you are getting that behavior with PDF. If there are no required parameters, I do not believe it is going to prompt for the parameters to be entered when exporting directly to PDF through the designer. It will instead just take the default values for the parameters.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you change just one of the parameters to required in your report design, you should get the parameter prompt when going directly to PDF.</p>