<p>I want to be able to use BIRT within my web application. This application sits on the ibm i (previously known as the as/400 I believe). <br><br>
I believe that if I put BIRT on the server, then placed some code within the web application - when the application was running it would execute that piece of code which would cause it to interact with BIRT (sitting on the server) which would run/render the report and then display the output within the web app as a result.<br><br>
Would placing this version of BIRT on the server be of use? (rcp designer) - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/'>http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/</a><br><br>
It states on the site that 'Birt with html – can call any birt functionality (such as viewing content via the birt viewer)' so do I need to add the report engine api to my web app?</p>
<p>
I have attached the image from my previous post to display what I want to do

<br><br><br>
I briefly spoke of this idea in my last post but made a new one as it was getting away from the topic my last post was about which can be found here:<br><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36455-birt-statement-still-stand-as-true/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36455-birt-statement-still-stand-as-true/</a><br>
</p>