Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Multiple Groups for WorkAreas
sunil_j
Hi
Is it possible to create a workarea where in I can specify the Group for Sharing to be more than one Group?
Kindly let me have the details on the same?
Regards
Sunil
Edited by sunil_j on 03/17/03 00:33 AM (server time).
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
id like to know the solution for this also...manually adding groups later thru NT doesnt work.
Bowker
You can't - HOWEVER,
After pulling my hair out on this (windows environment) I have found that you can set the ACLS on the workarea folder from windows explorer or a DOS/Telnet prompt to allow multiple groups to use a workarea.
It appears to work. So I'm not sure what good the "group for sharing" is, with the possible exception of workflow permissions checking. I have not run into any problems, but I just started using this solution a few weeks ago.
Bryan_K
Could someone from Interwoven sound off on this? Id be interested to hear the official response.
Migrateduser
We're on Windows and applied multiple groups and it seems to work fine. A couple of things to watch out for:
a) applying new permissions causes all the files to be marked as "edited". People in that workarea need to do a Get Latest with "overwrite" checked.
b) Of course, if they do a "get latest" and the file permissions aren't changed in the Staging, then then new permissions are lost. We created a separate workarea just for applying new permissions. First we do a "get latest", then apply the new group permissions, then do a submit direct. Then all of the developers need to refresh their workarea, making sure the "overwrite" button was checked.
Sekar_S
Any idea on how to do group sharing for more than one group in Solaris ??
Adam Stoller
multiple group sharing in Unix is not supported in TeamSite as far as I know. If you need this functionality I suggest filing a request with Interwoven Support
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
NathanW
We get around this issue by setting up a local group on TeamSite server (Win2k) using the branch identifier - eg tsbranchnameauthors - we then have global domain groups created which hold details of users - eg gg_branchauthors gg_branchapprovers etc - you can then add the global groups into the local group on the server. You can then change these "inherited" permissions without affecting the edit flag
Nathan Wall
Department of Transport and Regional Services (Australia)