Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multi lines in text element
Jazzc
<p>I've a text file with contents as (p1), I've a text element in BIRT report and with javascript coding in onCreate event as (j1), i'm expecting the result on the text element as (p1) but t<span>he truth is</span> <span>not what I want (see p2)</span>.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>p1</p>
<div>香港ä¹é¾™å°–沙咀金巴利é“39å·</div>
<div>电è¯ï¼š (852) 3763 8888 ä¼ çœŸï¼š (852) 3763 8899</div>
<div>info@theluxemanor.com</div>
<div>Attn: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</div>
<div>eMail: tommy.wong@gr8lc.com</div>
<div> </div>
<div>j1</div>
<div> </div>
<div>
<div>importPackage(Packages.java.io);</div>
<div>var buAdd=this.getRowData().getColumnValue("bu");</div>
<div>if(buAdd=="GRLC"){</div>
<div>var fileasstr = "";</div>
<div>var tmpstr = "";</div>
<div>filename = "/xampp/tomcat/webapps/birt-viewer/report/images/GRLC.txt";</div>
<div>buffreader = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new FileInputStream(filename), "utf-8"));</div>
<div>while((tmpstr = buffreader.readLine()) != null) {</div>
<div>fileasstr+=tmpstr;</div>
<div>}</div>
<div>buffreader.close();</div>
<div>this.text="Bill To:"+fileasstr;</div>
<div>} </div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>p2</div>
<div>
<div>香港ä¹é¾™å°–沙咀金巴利é“39å·ç”µè¯ï¼š (852) 3763 8888 ä¼ çœŸï¼š (852) 3763 8899info@theluxemanor.com</div>
<div>Attn: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXeMail: tommy.wong@gr8lc.com</div>
</div>
</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If you have html selected from the drop down for the content type, you should be able to just add a <br /> to fileasstr when you add tmpstr to it.
Jazzc
<p>I understand that what you have mentioned, but I really don't how to put this in my script, can you please complete it for me, thanks!</p>
mwilliams
fileasstr+=tmpstr + "<br />";<br><br>I would think that'd do it if you have html as the text box type.