Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to set scaling in Birt Report
gsekar
<div>Hi All,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I just want to print my output using xls. But I can't do it in xls because the columns are not fit in single page some of the columns are going down that is second page when I do the page preview. Can you please help me how to set scaling in Birt report?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>Guna</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?<br>
Which excel emitter are you using?</p>
<p>Can you attach a sample that demonstrates this behavior?</p>
gsekar
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Hi Jesse<span style="color:rgb(128,128,128);font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">,</span></p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><span>1. I am using 'Kepler Service Release 1'</span></p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><span>2. I am using</span> 'uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel_4.3.1.v201308301349'</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><span>3. I have attached the sample file for your reference</span></p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">I tried to print the Sample xls/xlsx file. The columns are splitted three pages, if we click the page preview. But I need the output preview in single page. Could you please help me <span>to resolve</span><span> how to set print scaling in Birt report or else any other options?</span></p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><span>Thanks,</span></p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><span>Guna</span></p>
JFreeman
<p>What version of excel are you using?</p>
<p>Within Excel 2010 I have the option of scaling the xls output during printing to fit all columns on one page.</p>
gsekar
<p><span style="color:rgb(128,128,128);font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Hi Jesse,</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span>Yes. I am using within Excel 2010 Version.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span>Thanks,</span></p>
<p><span>Guna</span></p>
JFreeman
<p>In the print dialogue for Excel 2010 there is a scaling option. By default, it will be set to no scaling. You can change this to Fit All Columns on One Page to achieve the scaling behavior you are wanting.</p>
gsekar
<div>Hi Jesse,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thank you so much for your reply. But I want to do it in Birt itself that means "How to Set the 'Fit to Page' and 'Fit to Height' print/page-setup options in BIRT reports exported to excel". Do you have any solution to resolve this?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>Guna </div>
JFreeman
<p>Are you performing the printing from within Excel?</p>
gsekar
<div>Hi Jesse,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have resolved the issue after added 'this.setUserProperty("ExcelEmitter.PrintScale","37");' in beforeFactory.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thank you so much for your help!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>Guna</div>
JFreeman
<p>Thank you for the update and details of the resolution you found.</p>
<p>I am glad to hear you got it resolved.</p>