Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Sorting Symbol on Column
rajkishore
<div>Hi,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Is there a way to show sorting(Ascending or descending) indicator on a sorted column in the interactive viewer when i click on any report column to sort.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Please find the attached screen shot.I have sorted on "CITY" column, but no indicator. It would be helpful if we show indicator on column header for user friendly.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Regards</div>
<div>Kishore G</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
It requires a little bit of script, but take a look at the script in each column header label (onRender). Hope this helps with what you're wanting.
rajkishore
<p>Delighted. Thanks for your efforts.</p>
mwilliams
You're welcome!
rajkishore
<p>Hi Williams,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just an observation, it is having difficult to export to pdf/other output formats. while exporting to pdf it's looking for fonts(special characters) it seems. can do any workaround to show direction without doing any fonts installation.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Kishore G</p>
mwilliams
You could use images and hide/show them based on the same condition.
rajkishore
<p>Hi Williams,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Once again an improvement need to this, can we able to show the icons using the css or another way. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/3.2.1/icon/sort-up/'>http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/3.2.1/icon/sort-up/</a></p>
;
<p><span style="font-family:calibri, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:11pt;"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/3.2.1/icon/sort-down/'>http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/3.2.1/icon/sort-down/</a></span></span></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Kishore G</p>
mwilliams
What are you currently doing? hiding/showing images or the font still?
rajkishore
the above mentioned url has sorting symbols hence I need to use them in report. because customer used the same symbols in all over their portal. so they suggested me show them in the report as well. I am not sure how to embed this. I am not doing anything about fonts now.
mwilliams
I understood what the URLs were for, thank you.<br><br>It doesn't appear that BIRT recognizes this CSS stylesheet, so I'm not sure about using it. Would using images that look like these be a suitable option?
rajkishore
<p>Ok. Can we do that as a images and load them in runtime.</p>
rajkishore
<p>Williams, do you have a time look in to this issue?</p>
mwilliams
<p>Sorry for the delay. I'm in Montreal. You should be able to put both images in your resource folder and point to them from your BIRT design, then hide/show the appropriate image based on the same logic I used in the above example with the special character.</p>
rajkishore
<p>WIlliams, Can we able to apply the same to crosstab. I would like to show sorting order symbol in crosstab as well? will it be ?</p>
sivasubramanian
<p>Hi mwilliams,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm using same script and sorting image but not working.So Could you Please clarify that issue</p>