Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Reportexplorer download pdf
superbeda
<p>Hello,</p>
<p>I found this tutorial <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3/help/BIRTDesigner/index.html#page/AIG/JSAPIWebReportExplorer.html'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3/help/BIRTDesigner/index.html#page/AIG/JSAPIWebReportExplorer.html</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>I want to download the pdf file the I store into my iHub3. How can I do this?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>So you are wanting to use JSAPI to download a report that is in PDF format from the iHub 3 on to the local machine that is accessing the JSAPI page?</p>
superbeda
<p>Hello JFreeman,</p>
<p>yes I want to download a report that is in PDF format from the iHub 3 on to the local machine that is accessing the JSAPI page, or open the PDF file in the browser.</p>
JFreeman
<p>There are a few options available:</p>
<p> </p>
<ul><li>You can use the downloadReport method in the actuate.Viewer class of JSAPI. The JsDoc for that can be found here: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/JAVADOCS/JSAPI-iHub31/symbols/actuate.Viewer$0.html'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/JAVADOCS/JSAPI-iHub31/symbols/actuate.Viewer$0.html</a></li>
;
<li>You can call the report directly with a URL to download the PDF. For example: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://hostname:8700/iportal/executereport.do?&invokeSumit=true&__executableName=/path/to/report.rptdesign&__format=XLSX'>http://hostname:8700/iportal/executereport.do?&invokeSumit=true&__executableName=/path/to/report.rptdesign&__format=XLSX</a></li>
;
<li>If you are using or upgrade to iHub 3.1 you can use the new REST API introduced in 3.1.</li>
</ul>
superbeda
<p>Thank you JFreeman for the answer</p>
JFreeman
<p>You're welcome.</p>
<p>Let us know if you have any additional questions.</p>