Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Calling reports with URL
Katieee
<p>Got another quick question, as googling seems to be bringing up everything but the answer I'm looking for.<br><br>
When you go to use a URL to call the report - this line of code needs to be situated within the web application, does any other code need to go with this?<br><br>
So if I have BIRT (viewer, people have suggested the to use the runtime one)on the server and the web app, I don't need to add any other code to the web app to get the report to fully work with potential pagination would I? <br><br>
For example I'm not going to need to add code that would perhaps do some kind of render or run before the call?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Could you elaborate on the URL call you wanting to make for a report?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Are you wanting to load it into the browser to be displayed in the web viewer?</p>
<p>Are you wanting to download the report on the local machine of the browser accessing the web application?</p>
Katieee
<p>Hi Jesse,<br><br>
I would like just the report to be displayed through the web application in a HTML output
<br><br>
Thanks,<br>
Kate</p>
JFreeman
<p>With the viewer deployed, you should be able to call it from your web application by using a URL to display as HTML output.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Take a look at this documentation on creating the URL to call the viewer: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://www.eclipse.org/birt/documentation/integrating/viewer-usage.php'>https://www.eclipse.org/birt/documentation/integrating/viewer-usage.php</a></p>
;
Katieee
<p>Hi Jesse,<br><br>
Okay, thank you for your help! I'll check the link out too
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>*Edit - Do you know of any videos that show this kind of thing happening or a setup of it etc? I know there's a couple of BIRT vids on this site and they have their own YouTube site but there doesn't seem to be many that's all.(It's fine if not just curious as to whether there was any)<br><br><br>
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzaia/rzaia_ifs_intro.htm'>http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzaia/rzaia_ifs_intro.htm</a>-
Would I be correct in thinking the most suitable place for the BIRT viewer to be would be directly under ROOT where the folder for web application can be found? An ibm i server has the following folders in that link barring: <br><br>
QNetWare<br>
NFS<br>
UDFS<br>
Independant ASP QSYS.LIB</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,<br>
Kate</p>
JFreeman
<p>Unfortunately, I am not an expert with IBM i and the specific details of how it handles hosting a web application. However, that may work, your best bet is probably to just try it out and see what works. Depending on the hierarchy of your web application you may be able to place it within the web application itself also.</p>
Katieee
<p>Hi Jesse,<br><br>
Thank you you have been more than helpful
<br><br>
Thanks,<br>
Kate</p>
JFreeman
<p>You're welcome.</p>
<p>I'm glad I could be of assistance.</p>