Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Allow changes to be saved in IV
rajkishore
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i was searching for couple of options to save the report changes in IV. We have<span style="color:rgb(31,73,125);"> requirement to allow the changes in Interactive viewer to be saved and the same to be exported to PDF/XLSX etc. For example user formatted the table width/height , filtered and applied sorting etc., those changes need to be exported. But BIRT does not allow the changes to be exported and while exporting report is rendered again and all the changes are ignored.Can anyone suggest whether any workaround or solution for this.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Kishore G</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of iHub are you using?</p>
rajkishore
i Hub3
JFreeman
<p>The features you are describing should work out of the box in iHub 3.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have tested with the specific changes you described: enabled IV, changed width of columns, added filter and modified sorting.</p>
<p>After I exported content to XLSX and PDF. Both outputs display the changes that were made.</p>
<p>I then selected Save As from the IV menu and saved a new version of the report design. This new version also displays the changes properly.</p>
rajkishore
Yes it is working as expected. would like to know "saveas" will be enabled by default? if not how can I enable it. which file(xml) or plugin file I need to modify. which property I need to modify to enable. <br><br>
I couldn't able to see in Birt designer saveas option.
JFreeman
<p>Save As is not enabled in the designer intentionally as any changes made through IV in the designer should be modified within the designer directly and not through IV.</p>
rajkishore
How can we enable "saveas" option in ihub3 sever?
JFreeman
<p>After enabling interactivity in IV, Save As will appear and is enabled by default. No changes are required, this feature is enabled out of the box in iHub 3.</p>
rajkishore
<p>I understood that. The thing is here is i want to "saveas" option enable or disable permanently which file i need to modify i hub3 server.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>is there any IV config file should i need to modify?</p>
JFreeman
<p>The menu options for IV are loaded with the Actuate JSAPI in the IVStandaloneViewerFragment.jsp located in ./iHub/web/iportal/iv/pages/layout/</p>
<p> </p>
<p>By default, it creates a UIOptions object with default settings and applies it to the Viewer object which means no changes are needed to enable the Save As options because they are enabled by default in a default UIOptions object.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you would like to disable the Save As option, you can modify the code in this file to add a method call to disable that option. For Example:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-js">
var options = new actuate.viewer.UIOptions( );
options.enableSaveDesign(false);
viewer.setUIOptions( options );</pre>