Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report Parameter Showed In Eclipse But Not In Viewer
rawon
<p>Hi All,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Newbie here; go easy on me. I designed a report on BIRT designer pro which include a dynamic filter that showed as expected when running it ("View Report" button) on the designer pro. However when I moved this report to web viewer example, it just show a table with header with blank data (the filter choosing page not even showing.) I also tried to add the filter manually through the URL but to no avail. Am I missing something here? Is the designer pro tool not supposed to be used with the runtime? Thanks.</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>BIRT Designer Professional is intended to be used with an iHub deployment and reports designed with will most likely have issues when used against the open source runtime due to features in the professional version that are not available in the open source runtime.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If your intention is to run reports against the open source runtime instead of an iHub, I would recommend recreating the report in the corresponding open source designer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Otherwise, you will want to look towards using an iHub deployment to run reports created in the professional designer. If you do not have an iHub already, you can get started by using the <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.actuate.com/resources/product-downloads/'>iHub
Free Edition</a>.</p>
rawon
<p>Thanks Jesse, now it's clear for me why it isn't working. I would definitely try the F-Type. Thanks!</p>
JFreeman
<p>You're welcome.</p>
<p>Let us know if you have any additional questions.</p>