Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Global text replace on a report
mealbert3
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have done some searching on this topic but most of the results have been centered around a specific cell or datasetrow. My situation is I have multiple tables in a report each with their own dataset. Some of the data in each table may have a string that contains ~^ and I want to replace that with another character say &. Is there way to do this globally across the entire report without have to go table by table or cell by cell?</p>
<p>If not what is the next best solution? I am running Eclipse Birt 4.4</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>As an alternative to iterating through the tables in the report, you could create computed column(s) in the data set that use some script to replace the desired string and then use the computed column(s) for the table instead of the columns created directly from the data source.</p>
mealbert3
<p>Hi Jesse,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sorry for the delay in replying, been busy. This helped me out a lot. Thanks again for the help.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-mealbert3</p>
JFreeman
<p>You're welcome.</p>
<p>Let us know if you have any additional questions.</p>