Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table Column Binding displays only 1 record
keerthink
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have developed a couple of simple reports in Birt RCP designer 4.2.2 now, but this is the first time I am having this issue. </p>
<p>My table in the report wont iterate over all the rows in the XML. It only displays one row. Even under Preview Results for the Data Set, I am able to see just the first row even though i had set it to show 10 in the first step of creating a Data Set. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I tried importing the XML to a spreadsheet to make sure the elements are all correct, and the import works just fine.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your help.</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>This may have to do with the structure of the XML and how the data set is configured to use the data. I have encountered situations previously where the structure of the XML is such that the out of the box ODA cannot handle it properly for the desired use case.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you attach a sample of the XML you are using for the data source and a sample report design that uses the XML that demonstrates the issue?</p>
keerthink
<p>Yes.. here is a sample report design. I am not able to attach the XML. I get an upload error. </p>
<p>Why is that?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>here is the link to it</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://www.dropbox.com/s/55bjvjevzejl2fb/sampleXMLforBirt.xml?dl=0'>https://www.dropbox.com/s/55bjvjevzejl2fb/sampleXMLforBirt.xml?dl=0</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>
JFreeman
<p>The reason you were only getting 1 row returned has to do with how you have the Row mapping configured. You have the Row Mapping set at the top level of the XML in the Data Set. As there is only 1 report node in the XML, it see this as the only row to parse.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Take a look at the attached modified version of your sampleReport. I have changed the Row Mapping to /report/records/record/titles/title so it will parse for each title node within the XML. After this change, I have also recreated the column mapping to the XPath for the columns is accurate for the new Row Mapping.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>With these changes, a row is created for all 6 titles.</p>
keerthink
<p>I truly appreciate your help.</p>
<p>Thank you</p>
JFreeman
<p>You're welcome.</p>
<p>Let us know if you have any additional questions.</p>