Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
grouping issue, only showing first row
mealbert3
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am running into an issue where my groupings are only showing the first row of the group and then not displaying any of the other group headers or even breaking out the other records by their assigned groupings. I can't figure out what I am missing. I know this might seem like a newbie question but i have created other reports without this issue. See example below</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Group1 [Client: John Smith</p>
<p> Group 2 [Case: 1234]</p>
<p> Group 3 [Invoice: 2345]</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mealbert3
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am running into an issue where my groupings are only showing the first row of the group and then not displaying any of the other group headers or even breaking out the other records by their assigned groupings. I can't figure out what I am missing. I know this might seem like a newbie question but i have created other reports without this issue. See example below</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Group1 [Client: John Smith</p>
<p> Group 2 [Case: 1234]</p>
<p> Group 3 [Invoice: 2345]</p>
<p> Detail [invoice 2345, amount 10.00, expense 5.00, etc]</p>
<p> Detail [invoice 3456, amount 5.00, expense 1.00, etc] </p>
<p> </p>
<p>In the above example it should have put a new grouping header for invoice 3456 but its not. Its putting all of the invoices under the first grouping header. This has been driving me nuts, probably over thinking something or missing something obvious. Thanks in advance. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>mealbert3</p>
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Can you attach a sample report based on a flat file data source or classic models that demonstrates the issue?</p>
mealbert3
<p>Hi Jesse,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using 4.4. When I created a simpler version of the report and data source it seemed to work fine. Let me double check my query statement and make sure I didn't shoot myself in the foot there.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Mark </p>
JFreeman
<p>Thanks for the update.</p>
<p>Let me know if you can't resolve the issue and can reproduce it with a sample report.</p>
mealbert3
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10.5pt;">Hi,</span></p>
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10.5pt;"> </span></p>
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10.5pt;">I am running into a different issue but I still think it is related to my query/grouping problem. I am running into the issue were some of my columns have duplicate values. I have done a lot of searching on this issue and have found most of the answers to be related to suppressing the duplicate value, which I have implemented and works great. Here is the twist, these values are dollar amounts and it is very possible to have valid duplicate values in a column, so suppressing doesn't really work. So next I tried to look at related amounts guid column and if that was blank due to being a duplicate then assign 0 to datasetrow for the amount. Everything looks great but when I do a group level aggregation the agg is still summing all of the original values and ignoring the 0 display. What the **** am I doing wrong?I have samples below, along with code I am using. Here is the link to the code I am using to check for duplicates of the amounts record guid: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/29247-removing-duplicates-without-using-suppress-duplicates/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/29247-removing-duplicates-without-using-suppress-duplicates/</a></span></p>
;
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"> </p>
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10.5pt;"> Staff | Matter | Invoice | Event id | Event amount | payment id | payment amount|</span></p>
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10.5pt;">[Group 1] John</span></p>
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10.5pt;">[Group 2] 1234</span></p>
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10.5pt;">[Group 3] 1111</span></p>
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10.5pt;">[Detail row 1] 100001 150.00 100016 100.00</span></p>
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10.5pt;"><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10.5pt;">[Detail row 2] 100001 150.00 100017 200.00</span></span><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10.5pt;">[Detail row 3] 100001 150.00 100018 100.00</span></p>
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10.5pt;">[Detail row 4] 100002 150.00 100016 0.00</span></p>
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10.5pt;">[Detail row 5] 100002 150.00 100017 0.00</span></p>
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10.5pt;">[Detail row 6] 100002 150.00 100018 0.00</span></p>
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);">Invoice Totals 900 800</p>
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:10.5pt;">I know that the Event column has a similiar issue I am just trying to get a solution in place for one column and then duplicate across the report. Rows 4-6/column payment guid are suppressed in my report because they are dups. Just displayed her for illustration. Any help would be greatly appricated. Thanks in advance.</span></p>
JFreeman
<p>Is it possible for you to attach your report design?</p>
mealbert3
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sorry for the delay, do you want my full report that connects to my db, just the sql, just the xml? I have also tried to use the 'with tempdb as (select...) to restructure the query in a way that uses temp tables (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36257-using-temporary-tables-in-data-set-query'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36257-using-temporary-tables-in-data-set-query</a>
; ) but kept running into other birt errors with that approach. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Mark</p>
JFreeman
<p>I would like to look at the full report.</p>
mealbert3
<p>Here you go. Thanks again.</p>
newscott
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If i understood your problem correctly here is the solution.</p>
<p> </p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Group1 [Client: John Smith</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> Group 2 [Case: 1234]</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> Group 3 [Invoice: 2345]</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><span style="color:#ff0000;"> Detail [invoice 2345, amount 10.00, expense 5.00, etc]</span></p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><span style="color:#ff0000;"> Detail [invoice 3456, amount 5.00, expense 1.00, etc]</span></p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </p>
<p style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Highlighted row should not be in detail row. You should drop that row in your invoice group (<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);">Group 3</span><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);">).</span></p>
<p style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);">by this you can get each of your invoice as separate group.</span></p>
<p style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);">Please look the attached sample report. Here </span><span style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;">dataSetRow["CUSTOMERNUMBER"] plays the role of your </span><span style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;">dataSetRow["Invoice guid"].</span></p>
<p style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><span style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;"> </span></p>
<p style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><span style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;">Thanks,</span></p>
<p style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><span style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;">newscott.</span></p>
<p style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </p>
mealbert3
<p>Hi Newscott,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sorry for the delay in reply but I have been busy. I didn't see an attached report in your post. Also wouldn't your solution be a fix to my original post and not the second issue that Jesse was looking at. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Jesse, did my report make any sense? Did you have a chance to look at it?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Mark</p>